    editing.

    I just saw a web site for XnView. It says it supports CRW, which I use.
    Anyone having good luck using this? Thanks!

    Michael, Jan 23, 2004

  2. This problem was as early as in Version 3 , so I went back
    to the Classic Version v2.41 , which is good for browsing.

    the only thing You can do with a picture is "rotate".

    jen

    "Michael" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > I am getting real tired of ACDSee 5.0.1 dying on me. I would gladly pay

    for

    Jan-Erik Nyberg, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Michael

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Michael wrote:

    > I am getting real tired of ACDSee 5.0.1 dying on me. I would gladly pay for
    > the upgrade to 6.0, but I have heard on this forum that it is worse than
    > 5.0. I only use it for browsing and managing my files. I use Photoshop for
    > editing.
    >
    > I just saw a web site for XnView. It says it supports CRW, which I use.
    > Anyone having good luck using this? Thanks!

    Xnview is a nice program, but I prefer Irfanview for that type of work.
    NOt sure what CRW is.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Ron Hunter <> wrote in

    > Michael wrote:
    >
    >> I am getting real tired of ACDSee 5.0.1 dying on me. I would gladly pay
    >> for the upgrade to 6.0, but I have heard on this forum that it is worse
    >> than 5.0. I only use it for browsing and managing my files. I use
    >> Photoshop for editing.
    >>
    >> I just saw a web site for XnView. It says it supports CRW, which I use.
    >> Anyone having good luck using this? Thanks!

    > Xnview is a nice program, but I prefer Irfanview for that type of work.
    > NOt sure what CRW is.

    Irfanview supports CRW - it is Canon Raw Format.

    And it is free. Irfanview that is.

    Long time ago I had ACDSee 3.1 - a fantastic viewer. I later converted
    to newer versions. Newer versions sux IMHO. Big time.

    But, instead of backing to ACDSee 3.1, I just use Irfanview instead.
    It is a very nice viewer. It is not as fast as ACDSee 3.1, but it
    is fast enough.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jan 23, 2004
  5. Michael

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    Irfanview is my bread and butter. I associate all JPG images with it and fast
    browse them using the arrows just to see what I am transferring from my card to
    the computer. I use it to create a page of thumnails to insert in a backup CD
    jewel case. I use it to resize pictures for slide shows and even for some
    elementary editing.. For serious editing I use Photoshop.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Jan 24, 2004
  6. Michael

    Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:43:21 GMT, Michael
    <> wrote:

    >I am getting real tired of ACDSee 5.0.1 dying on me. I would gladly pay for
    >the upgrade to 6.0, but I have heard on this forum that it is worse than
    >5.0. I only use it for browsing and managing my files. I use Photoshop for
    >editing.

    3.1 is the best of all. It used to crash frequently on W98 but since I
    put it on with XP it hasn't crashed once in weeks. And the auto-rename
    function works as it should, unlike that in every subsequent version,
    including 6. Find it and try it. It's available for free in various
    places. UK camera mags have been including it on cover discs here.

    MJ

    , Jan 24, 2004
  7. Michael

    Ron Hunter Guest

    HRosita wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Irfanview is my bread and butter. I associate all JPG images with it and fast
    > browse them using the arrows just to see what I am transferring from my card to
    > the computer. I use it to create a page of thumnails to insert in a backup CD
    > jewel case. I use it to resize pictures for slide shows and even for some
    > elementary editing.. For serious editing I use Photoshop.
    > Rosita

    I use Irfanview for 90% of all the editing I need to do to my pictures.
    For the rare shot that needs more help, I use one of about a dozen
    photo editors I have. Rather like TurboPhoto and PictureIT 7.0. Still
    haven't seen any need for anything more powerful.

    Ron Hunter, Jan 24, 2004
  8. Michael

    Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:43:21 GMT, Michael
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>I am getting real tired of ACDSee 5.0.1 dying on me. I would gladly pay for
    >>the upgrade to 6.0, but I have heard on this forum that it is worse than
    >>5.0. I only use it for browsing and managing my files. I use Photoshop for
    >>editing.

    > 3.1 is the best of all. It used to crash frequently on W98 but since I
    > put it on with XP it hasn't crashed once in weeks. And the auto-rename
    > function works as it should, unlike that in every subsequent version,
    > including 6. Find it and try it. It's available for free in various
    > places. UK camera mags have been including it on cover discs here.
    >
    > MJ

    Go to the ACDSee site where they still want you to pay $39.95 for it.
    SUCH a deal!

    Ron Hunter, Jan 24, 2004
  9. Michael

    Ray Guest

    Installed ACDSEE 6 and the updated version also on 2 different xp systems
    and a 98 system. TOTAL JUNK!! SLOW and would continually crash. BACK TO
    GOOD OLD ACDSEE 3.1.

    Ray, Jan 24, 2004
  10. Michael

    Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:27:44 -0600, Ron Hunter <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:43:21 GMT, Michael
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I am getting real tired of ACDSee 5.0.1 dying on me. I would gladly pay for
    >>>the upgrade to 6.0, but I have heard on this forum that it is worse than
    >>>5.0. I only use it for browsing and managing my files. I use Photoshop for
    >>>editing.

    >> 3.1 is the best of all. It used to crash frequently on W98 but since I
    >> put it on with XP it hasn't crashed once in weeks. And the auto-rename
    >> function works as it should, unlike that in every subsequent version,
    >> including 6. Find it and try it. It's available for free in various
    >> places. UK camera mags have been including it on cover discs here.
    >>
    >> MJ
    >>

    >Go to the ACDSee site where they still want you to pay $39.95 for it.
    >SUCH a deal!

    They never were very good at keeping in touch with the outside world.
    In the past month I've had it on 2 cover discs and bundled with a
    scanner.

    MJ

    , Jan 24, 2004
  11. Michael

    Norman Welsh Guest

    I have not used XnView but I do have ACDC 5.0. I also have CompuPic Pro
    and like it much better. You can download a trial version that is
    fully functional for a limited time at http://www.photodex.com

    BTW, What is CRW?

    Norman

    Norman Welsh, Jan 24, 2004
  12. Michael

    JunkMonkey Guest

    I'm kind of surprised that you say V5 is crashing on you, I found it to be
    VERY stable especially after the two updates. Could this be an OS issue?
    Now V6 on the otherhand. . . Well, lets just say I'm waiting for the 2nd
    update.

    Of course, a good question might be why does any given ACDSee version
    require at least 2 updates to get the bugs worked out? I've been in the
    computer business around 30 years and where I come from, something that is
    released to the user as a completed product that crashes and does not
    perform as advertised is known as a project failure. I suspect it has
    gotten too large to properly test.

    That being said, I still like ACDSee better than everything else once all
    the updates have been released. The mix of features and price aren't really
    duplicated by any other organizer but I don't think I want to see any new
    features added.

    JunkMonkey, Jan 24, 2004
  13. Michael

    Carver33 Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I am getting real tired of ACDSee 5.0.1 dying on me. I would gladly pay for
    >the upgrade to 6.0, but I have heard on this forum that it is worse than
    >5.0. I only use it for browsing and managing my files. I use Photoshop for
    >editing.
    >
    >I just saw a web site for XnView. It says it supports CRW, which I use.
    >Anyone having good luck using this? Thanks!

    I have both Xnview and Irfanview - both are great little programs and
    should do what you want. I personally prefer Xnview, but occasionally
    jump over to use some of the features of Irfanview. I suggest
    downloading both and see which feels better to you.

    HTH
    Bill

    Carver33, Jan 24, 2004
  14. Michael

    Mark Herring Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 06:49:03 +0000, wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 19:27:44 -0600, Ron Hunter <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:

    ACDSee 6 on PC under windows 2000

    No problems---zero---great program
    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Jan 24, 2004
  15. Michael

    Secrets Guest

    If you are using windows xp, try changing the ACDsee executable file
    compatibility tab to windows 2000

    Secrets, Jan 24, 2004
  16. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Norman Welsh <> wrote in

    > I have not used XnView but I do have ACDC 5.0. I also have CompuPic
    > Pro
    > and like it much better. You can download a trial version that is
    > fully functional for a limited time at http://www.photodex.com
    >
    > BTW, What is CRW?
    >
    > Norman

    CRW is Canon Raw. I just downloaded both XnView and IrFanView and like the
    features, but both seem to be slower than ACDSee. I'll have to try CompuPic
    as well. Thanks!

    Michael, Jan 25, 2004
  17. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Secrets <> wrote in

    > If you are using windows xp, try changing the ACDsee executable file
    > compatibility tab to windows 2000

    I am running XP, but I never saw that tab before. Thanks for the tip. Since
    my lock-ups seem to be completely random I won't be able to tell if this
    works for a little while. I'll let you know. Thanks!

    Michael, Jan 25, 2004