    and just hoping im goin in the right direction, and hoping
    in recieving more tips. Thanks
    Jaime

    Jaime, May 20, 2004

  2. Jaime

    Certaker Guest

    Jaime, just stay away from TestKing (and the like) is my
    best piece of advice. They are braindumps and braindumps
    are degrading our certifications one by one. Only use
    legitimate resources for studying. I'm not being nasty
    about it because I honestly don't believe you are aware
    of the fact that using TestKing makes you a cheater.
    Best of luck to you on the MCSA track, Jamie!

    got
    >the Mspress books, and was considering in buying the
    >ExamCram2 Series. I heard testking.com, was good too. I
    >was wondering if this would cover enough. I was planning
    >in reading all 4 mspress books, and then every week i
    >would take an exam, but using testking and the

    examcram2,

    Certaker, May 21, 2004

  3. Jaime

    Neil Guest

    "Certaker" <> wrote in

    > Jaime, just stay away from TestKing (and the like) is my
    > best piece of advice. They are braindumps and braindumps
    > are degrading our certifications one by one. Only use
    > legitimate resources for studying. I'm not being nasty
    > about it because I honestly don't believe you are aware
    > of the fact that using TestKing makes you a cheater.
    > Best of luck to you on the MCSA track, Jamie!

    futher to Certakers note, you should read these from MS

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/program/piracy.asp

    and

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/policies/letter.asp

    be careful not to lose what you have worked towards so far. The
    punishment from MS is severe, but just.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 21, 2004
  4. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    Thanks guys i did not know that about testking. I want my
    certification to mean something, not just a piece of
    paper. Thanks I guess ill stick to the Mspress,and
    examcram2.

    Jaime, May 21, 2004
  5. Jaime

    Neil Guest

    "Jaime" <> wrote in news:1008c01c43ee5
    $074cc0c0$:

    > Thanks guys i did not know that about testking. I want my
    > certification to mean something, not just a piece of
    > paper. Thanks I guess ill stick to the Mspress,and
    > examcram2.

    Glad to hear it! there are other books beside MSPress worth looking at,
    like Sybex or Syngress or Que, and don't discount all test prep
    materials. Transcender is very good for preping for the exam, but pricey.
    MS also recommends Selftest Software and MeasureUp. Good luck on the
    exams...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 21, 2004
  6. Jaime

    Steve Guest

    >$074cc0c0$:
    >
    >> Thanks guys i did not know that about testking. I want

    my
    >> certification to mean something, not just a piece of
    >> paper. Thanks I guess ill stick to the Mspress,and
    >> examcram2.
    >>

    >Glad to hear it! there are other books beside MSPress

    worth looking at,
    >like Sybex or Syngress or Que, and don't discount all

    test prep
    >materials. Transcender is very good for preping for the

    exam, but pricey.
    >MS also recommends Selftest Software and MeasureUp. Good

    luck on the
    >exams...
    >
    >--
    >Neil MCNGP #30
    >.

    The tests are difficult so I don't think your idea of
    passing a test each week is realistic. You really need
    hands on experience and time to absorb the material.
    Transcender is great - you need practice answering hard
    questions. Make a test lab if you can and DO everything.
    This stuff is not like high school where you memorize
    facts and then spit them back on tests.

    Steve, May 22, 2004
  7. Jaime

    Neil Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in news:1076701c43f92
    $f27d2780$:

    > The tests are difficult so I don't think your idea of
    > passing a test each week is realistic. You really need
    > hands on experience and time to absorb the material.
    > Transcender is great - you need practice answering hard
    > questions. Make a test lab if you can and DO everything.
    > This stuff is not like high school where you memorize
    > facts and then spit them back on tests.

    agreed. use the product. buy vmware and run multiple machines in one
    machine. build a network in a box. practice everything....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, May 22, 2004
  8. Jaime

    Jaime Guest

    Thanks for all the tips guys. I already set up a lab at
    home with three networked comps, 2 WS03, and one WinxpPro.
    and ill check out Transcender. Thanks
    Jaime

    Jaime, May 25, 2004