Tips To Protect To Your Computer From Virus

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by softwareengineer2006@gmail.com, Mar 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Mar 25, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Tips To Protect To Your Computer From Virus
    > I have listed some tips to protect to your computer from virus
    > in my website

    This dickweed says that the best AV is Norton. Enough for me.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 25, 2006

  3. kev Guest

    lol im with ya

    kev, Mar 25, 2006
  4. Scraggy Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Tips To Protect To Your Computer From Virus
    >> I have listed some tips to protect to your computer from virus
    >> in my website

    > This dickweed says that the best AV is Norton. Enough for me.

    What he said.

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Mar 25, 2006
  5. philo Guest

    wrote:
    > Tips To Protect To Your Computer From Virus
    > I have listed some tips to protect to your computer from virus
    > in my website
    > http://www.geocities.com/firewall_antivirus_protection/
    > so please have a look and make use of it.

    ah yes , Norton and McAffee

    kind of like giving yourself an "innoculation" of AIDS in order to
    prevent yourself from dying of the common cold !

    philo, Mar 25, 2006
  6. Ted Hamilton Guest

    Adolf with the mustache, could it be really you???
    We all thought you croaked long ago.
    Get a crack course on english and common sense, wacko
    TH

    Ted Hamilton, Mar 25, 2006
  7. Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > wrote:
    > > Tips To Protect To Your Computer From Virus
    > > I have listed some tips to protect to your computer from virus
    > > in my website

    > This dickweed says that the best AV is Norton. Enough for me.

    Here's a question for your all knowing skills: What commercial product,
    available to the masses, has a higher detection rate than Norton
    Antivirus? Now we're not talking about Norton Internet Security, we're
    talking about Norton Antivirus alone.

    Please provide me a link to a reputable site that reviews the Norton AV
    product as compared to the one(s) you suggest - thanks.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Mar 25, 2006
  8. philo Guest

    <snip>

    > Here's a question for your all knowing skills: What commercial product,
    > available to the masses, has a higher detection rate than Norton
    > Antivirus? Now we're not talking about Norton Internet Security, we're
    > talking about Norton Antivirus alone.
    >
    > Please provide me a link to a reputable site that reviews the Norton AV
    > product as compared to the one(s) you suggest - thanks.

    some of the fine folks who write those viruses specifically target soem
    of the big names such as norton and mcaffee.

    about 6 months back somone brought me a poorly running machine...
    It had a recently updatred version of Norton. I ran the latest update
    then scanned the machine...
    it found and delete one virus. the machine still ran poorly.

    after i did some housekeeping and rid the machine of spyware...it still
    was not right...
    so i installed the free virus checker AVG.
    disabled Norton and ran a scan with AVG.

    It found and deleted 6 viruses, the machine then started running fine...
    so I uninstalled Norton entirely.

    I never got another complaint from tha customer

    philo, Mar 25, 2006
  9. Daave Guest

    Leythos wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> wrote:
    >>> Tips To Protect To Your Computer From Virus
    >>> I have listed some tips to protect to your computer from virus
    >>> in my website

    >> This dickweed says that the best AV is Norton. Enough for me.

    > Here's a question for your all knowing skills: What commercial
    > product, available to the masses, has a higher detection rate than
    > Norton Antivirus? Now we're not talking about Norton Internet
    > Security, we're talking about Norton Antivirus alone.
    >
    > Please provide me a link to a reputable site that reviews the Norton
    > AV product as compared to the one(s) you suggest - thanks.

    The issue is not so much detection rate. Having Norton on a PC can
    often slow it down more than a virus! Google for "Norton Antivirus"
    "resource hog":
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Norton Antivirus" "resource hog"

    You can compare antivirus programs here:
    http://www.virusbtn.com/

    Also, free programs such as AVG, Avast, and AntiVir are highly regarded.

    Dave

    Daave, Mar 25, 2006
  10. Leythos Guest

    In article <A8dVf.10054$>,
    lid says...
    > Leythos wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> This dickweed says that the best AV is Norton. Enough for me.

    > > Here's a question for your all knowing skills: What commercial
    > > product, available to the masses, has a higher detection rate than
    > > Norton Antivirus? Now we're not talking about Norton Internet
    > > Security, we're talking about Norton Antivirus alone.
    > >
    > > Please provide me a link to a reputable site that reviews the Norton
    > > AV product as compared to the one(s) you suggest - thanks.

    > The issue is not so much detection rate. Having Norton on a PC can
    > often slow it down more than a virus! Google for "Norton Antivirus"
    > "resource hog":
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Norton Antivirus" "resource hog"
    >
    > You can compare antivirus programs here:
    > http://www.virusbtn.com/
    >
    > Also, free programs such as AVG, Avast, and AntiVir are highly regarded.

    I agree that Norton Internet Security can slow down a PC, and I never
    allow people I like to install it, but Norton, except for 2006, has been
    good on a properly setup/built computer.

    I've run most available AV products on the market, and I've never found
    anything that protects, in the wild, as well as Norton AV products,
    Symantec being the better choice.

    AVG has a bad track record in our real-world testing, with multiple
    sororities using it, it's a every 3 months even to go in and remove some
    trojan or other malware... The same groups, running Norton AV, never had
    any issues.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Mar 25, 2006
  11. Ponder Guest

    Hiya Leythos.

    In <news:FUbVf.39546$> you wrote:

    > Please provide me a link to a reputable site that reviews the Norton AV
    > product as compared to the one(s) you suggest - thanks.

    I have personal experience of many computers that tells me that Norton
    causes more problems than the viruses it's designed to protect against.
    It's an over-bloated system hog that wants your computer to run the way it
    prefers and can't cope with you customising it to your own preferences.
    It's next to impossible to install specific components and like herpes to
    remove once you're sucked off with it, in fact the only effective complete
    removal method I've so far discovered is a fresh install.

    I once removed it from a friend's computer when he complained it was
    running slow, and it ran much better after removal. A few weeks later he
    complained it was running slow again... he'd reinstalled Norton. I refused
    to have anything to do with that computer.

    I'm not speaking from online reviews or comparisons when I state my utter
    dislike of Norton, I'm speaking from personal experience dating back to
    1995 when I first got an Intel based PC, which is far more valuable and
    accurate data than any third party could ever provide.

    Norton is CRAP! There's nothing else I want to add about this fetid piece
    of shit.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Mar 25, 2006
  12. Dan Evans Guest

    "Daave" <> wrote in message

    > The issue is not so much detection rate. Having Norton on a PC can
    > often slow it down more than a virus!

    Word. I've got a client that is using Panda and Norton. The Panda machines
    are generally 3 times as fast doing a full system scan.

    I'd still prefer the higher detection rate though.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Mar 25, 2006
  13. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Tips To Protect To Your Computer From Virus

    1. Do not download them
    2. Do not install them if you were silly enough to download them

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 25, 2006
  14. Leythos Guest

    In article <442570af$0$7262$>,
    says...

    > "Daave" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > The issue is not so much detection rate. Having Norton on a PC can
    > > often slow it down more than a virus!

    > Word. I've got a client that is using Panda and Norton. The Panda machines
    > are generally 3 times as fast doing a full system scan.
    >
    > I'd still prefer the higher detection rate though.

    Now that's funny, I just removed Panda from 25 workstations due to
    performance issues and the way it really mucked up the registry. In
    fact, they bought Symantec Corp 10 for workstations and servers and
    their machines run a lot faster (disk access) and open apps much faster.

    I'm not saying that you've not had problems with Norton, but, maybe
    there was more to meet the eye than you saw.

    In ever case I've run into Panda, it's been a plague on the system it's
    installed on.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Mar 26, 2006
  15. doS Guest

    "to protect you from a virus in my website"

    doS, Apr 6, 2006
  16. joevan Guest

    On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 19:50:23 -0400, "doS" <>
    wrote:

    >"to protect you from a virus in my website"
    >
    >"Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> wrote:
    >>> Tips To Protect To Your Computer From Virus
    >>> I have listed some tips to protect to your computer from virus
    >>> in my website

    >> This dickweed says that the best AV is Norton. Enough for me.

    Ignorance personified. Dickweed is too mild for that maroon.
    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Apr 6, 2006