    4. Provide surge protection and/or back-up
    5. Running Multiple Programs and Applications
    Source: http://bit.ly/l9dOc
    Kevin, Jun 26, 2009

  2. Kevin

    Martin Guest

    Randy Yates wrote:
    > Kevin <> writes:
    >
    >> Simple basic things you can do:
    >> 1. Install Anti-virus Software
    >> 2. Keep your Fan Clean from Dust
    >> 3. Keep your PC well ventilated
    >> 4. Provide surge protection and/or back-up
    >> 5. Running Multiple Programs and Applications
    >> Source: http://bit.ly/l9dOc

    > This is absolutely brilliant. "Keep your Fan Clean from Dust"???
    >
    > I also like "Running Multiple Programs and Applications", which isn't
    > even a complete sentence.

    Also, how does providing a backup stop your PC crashing? Which also
    means another app running ;)
    Martin, Jun 27, 2009

  3. Kevin

    westom Guest

    On Jun 27, 5:48 pm, Tim Jackson <> wrote:
    > Make sure it uses an Anti-virus Soft tissue when it sneezes.

    Everybody knows rule #1 to keep a PC from crashing. Do not drop it.
    westom, Jun 28, 2009
  4. Kevin

    Robert Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:39:02 -0700, westom wrote:

    > On Jun 27, 5:48 pm, Tim Jackson <> wrote:
    >> Make sure it uses an Anti-virus Soft tissue when it sneezes.

    > Everybody knows rule #1 to keep a PC from crashing. Do not drop it.

    No that is #2 The #1 thing is don't use windows.

    --

    Regards
    Robert

    Linux User #296285
    http://counter.li.org
    Robert, Jun 28, 2009
  5. Kevin

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    ere says...

    > On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:39:02 -0700, westom wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 27, 5:48 pm, Tim Jackson <> wrote:
    > >> Make sure it uses an Anti-virus Soft tissue when it sneezes.

    > > Everybody knows rule #1 to keep a PC from crashing. Do not drop it.

    > No that is #2 The #1 thing is don't use windows.

    All of my Windows XP/Vista machines as well as my 2003/2008 servers are
    as stable or more than my Fedora / Ubuntu machines.

    Anyone can build and operate a stable platform if they understand the
    system.

    Trust yourself.
    (remove 999 for proper email address)
    Leythos, Jun 28, 2009