Tips for preparing to take 70-290

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by PeterB, Feb 9, 2006.

  1. PeterB

    PeterB Guest

    Well, passed my first MCP exam today. 70-290 was although a lot harder then i
    thought although the time was more than enough for me. So a few tips:
    - You'll need to have real situations to relate to. I dont think just
    studying will do the trick, maybe for a few Brainiacs...
    - The 2273 course is not covering the entire exam. You'll need to study the
    Apendices hard!
    - If You're even just a bit unsure: Take Prep Exams like Measure Up. I think
    thats what helped me the most besides taking a course and practical
    experience. Another side effect of the preps is learning how to read the
    questions... Not having English as a native language makes this a problem
    otherwise.
    - Use the review option on each question that You have slightest doubt in.
    - Take Your time to read and understand the questions. In review mode I
    discovered a couple of errors made because not paying attention to the first
    sentence...
    - Last one: Use the comment feature to let MS know about the "Hypothetic
    questions"... Because there are some of those.... Come on: Who uses 56kbps to
    connect to branch offices??? ;-)

    Good Luck!
    PeterB, Feb 9, 2006

  2. PeterB wrote:
    ><snip>
    > - Last one: Use the comment feature to let MS know about the "Hypothetic
    > questions"... Because there are some of those.... Come on: Who uses 56kbps to
    > connect to branch offices??? ;-)

    :)

    I felt the same way about all those silly software raid solutions. I
    mean, come on, in this day and age even my fairly standard Asus
    motherboard already comes with hardware Raid1.

    Jeroen
    Jeroen Wijnands, Feb 10, 2006

  3. PeterB

    Julia B Guest

    Believe it or not, there are people in the real world that use both a 56k
    connection and a software raid ... as sad as that may sound.

    Our company has a few small locations that are connected via 56k frame relay
    connections. They're in locations where they just can't get any sort of high
    speed internet connection.

    I got some good experience with a software raid recently. In one of our
    regional billing offices we have a NAS that we use as our file server. One
    of the drives failed. It went down. Since it was only 1 bad drive in a RAID
    it should have stayed up. It didn't. We finally figured out that we had to
    actually break the mirror and remove the bad drive and then rebuild the
    mirror to get it to come back up with 1 less drive. We didn't lose any data,
    so that part worked at least.

    Julia B, Feb 26, 2006