    and a system restore disk. No instructions or documentation (windows ME). I
    need to restore back to factory settings does anyone know how to do this
    please?
    chris, Nov 18, 2004

  2. chris

    DEFIANT1 Guest

    I take it that the system restore disk is a CD? Have you tried spinning it?
    If so it should present 3 options....
    One of which will by a system restore of original factory settings. You
    should select this option and follow on screen options.

    Personally I would just format the disk and put XP on it as ME isn't very
    good @ all!

    Hope this helps.
    "chris" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone help me please my cub group has just been given a TINY computer
    > and a system restore disk. No instructions or documentation (windows ME).
    > need to restore back to factory settings does anyone know how to do this
    > please?

    ---
    DEFIANT1, Nov 18, 2004

  3. chris

    GFG Guest

    Good advice.

    GFG, Nov 18, 2004
  4. chris

    Stickems. Guest

    They don't have XP and even if they did have it there is doubt whether or
    not it could be installed. Time preloaded the operating system onto a hidden
    partition. I think that they may need a special CD to enable them to
    reformat the disk.

    Stickems., Nov 19, 2004