    --
    HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

    jel183(UK)

    jel183\(UK\), Nov 27, 2004

  2. jel183\(UK\)

    Parko Guest

    "jel183(UK)" <> wrote in message
    news:coa52i$9rm$...
    >I am looking for some help regarding my friends 'Tiny' PC.
    >
    > Does the Factory Reset disk contain a full XP OEM installation, or does it
    > restore the installation from a hidden partition on the HDD? I have read
    > on the Tiny.com website that I could by a restore disc for £29.99...
    >
    > I may have to format her HDD, could I install a new retail copy of XP Home
    > ie are there any conflicts with the Tiny hardware..
    >
    > I am sorry if these questions sound a bit basic but as Tiny have packed up
    > and reinvented themselves as Tiny.com the online help is next to useless
    >
    > --
    > HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only
    >
    > jel183(UK)

    Hey, Tiny are flogging PCs with Linspire on them. Save yourself a few
    million headaches and D/L install *any* Linux distribution on it. Hint: any
    Linux distribution such as Mandrake, Fedora, Gentoo, SuSE etcetera will do
    fine. I've just dumped Mandrake 10.1 onto this box in less than an hour,
    updates included, I'm still trying with XP Pro after 12 hours and umpteen
    reboots. If only I didn't need it for one work oriented application it would
    be trashed permenently.
    --
    Parko
    Pissed off with Windows.

    Parko, Nov 27, 2004

  3. jel183\(UK\)

    Hamman Guest

    >I'm still trying with XP Pro after 12 hours and umpteen
    > reboots.

    Then youre clearly retarded in some way. OS and all applications incl.
    Office 2003, Adobe Acrobat Writer 6, Norton Corp, Macromedia Studio MX 2004
    were on my measly 2200+ in 2 hours, and i stopped for lunch halfway through.

    hamman

    Hamman, Nov 27, 2004
  4. jel183\(UK\)

    Stickems. Guest

    The Reload/Backup CD contains a program to restore the operating systems and
    the maker's software from the hidden partition on the disk. It does not
    contain the operating system.

    You cannot format the disk, or install a retail copy of XP without first
    obtaining a CD from Time/Tiny, which I understand should be available at no
    charge. This C.D. enables the removal of the hidden partition.

    You will now appreciate how Time in co-operation with M$ are exploiting
    their customers. If the disk has crashed you will have to purchase the
    operating system again. They are having their cake and eating it.

    Stickems., Nov 27, 2004
  5. jel183\(UK\)

    jel183\(UK\) Guest

    Thanks, this is what I suspected... Do you have the link for the free CD so
    I can install a new HDD

    jel183\(UK\), Nov 28, 2004
  6. jel183\(UK\)

    Stickems. Guest

    There is no link. You will have to write to them. They will take a month or
    so to answer, but be persistent, and don't take no for an answer. Report
    back here if you succeed.

    "jel183(UK)" <> wrote in message
    | Thanks, this is what I suspected... Do you have the link for the free CD
    so
    | I can install a new HDD
    |
    | --
    | HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only
    |
    | jel183(UK)
    |

    | "Stickems." <> wrote in message
    | > The Reload/Backup CD contains a program to restore the operating systems
    | > and
    | > the maker's software from the hidden partition on the disk. It does not
    | > contain the operating system.
    | >
    | > You cannot format the disk, or install a retail copy of XP without first
    | > obtaining a CD from Time/Tiny, which I understand should be available at
    | > no
    | > charge. This C.D. enables the removal of the hidden partition.
    | >
    | > You will now appreciate how Time in co-operation with M$ are exploiting
    | > their customers. If the disk has crashed you will have to purchase the
    | > operating system again. They are having their cake and eating it.
    | >

    | > "jel183(UK)" <> wrote in message
    | > |I am looking for some help regarding my friends 'Tiny' PC.
    | > |
    | > | Does the Factory Reset disk contain a full XP OEM installation, or
    does
    | > it
    | > | restore the installation from a hidden partition on the HDD? I have
    read
    | > on
    | > | the Tiny.com website that I could by a restore disc for £29.99...
    | > |
    | > | I may have to format her HDD, could I install a new retail copy of XP
    | > | ie are there any conflicts with the Tiny hardware..
    | > |
    | > | I am sorry if these questions sound a bit basic but as Tiny have
    packed
    | > up
    | > | and reinvented themselves as Tiny.com the online help is next to
    useless
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only
    | > |
    | > | jel183(UK)
    | > |
    | > |