Tiny PCs?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Geoff Leonard, Apr 10, 2004.

  1. Does anybody have an experience of using Tiny PCs? I'm tempted to buy a
    Tiny Business 3.0 HT 00791 for about £700 which includes:

    Processor - Intel® Pentium 4 3.0GHz Processor
    Operating System - Microsoft® Windows XP Home
    Memory - 512MB DDR RAM
    Hard Disk - 160GB 7200 RPM ATA-100 Drive
    Optical 1 - 4x Multiformat (+/-) DVD-Rewiter / DVD Copier Drive
    Optical 2 - 16x DVD-ROM Drive
    Graphics - 256MB ATi Radeon 9200 All-In-Wonder Graphics with PCTV & TV
    Out
    PC-TV System - PC-TV System, Media Software and Remote Control
    Modem - Dedicated high speed Supanet optimised 56K modem
    Internet Access - Supanet Internet Access Preloaded
    Network - 10/100 Ethernet Port - easily connect to office network
    Firewire - 2x 1394 Firewire Ports
    Card Reader - ConnectPro 10 in 1 Multi-Format Card Reader & Writer
    Sound - 6 Channel Sound Onboard
    Keyboard etc. - Multimedia Keyboard, Optical Mouse
    Ports etc. - 1.44MB Floppy Drive, USB2.0 Ports x4, Parallel & Standard
    Ports
    Case - Full ATX Tower Case with Upgrade Capacity (7 Drive Bays)
    Motherboard - MS6787 Micro ATX Motherboard

    It seems very good for the money, compared with other brands like
    Advent, HP etc., so I wondered if there is a catch?

    --
    Geoff
    Geoff Leonard, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Geoff Leonard

    Wizard Guest

    X-No-Archive:Yes

    Here are my personal ratings based on Performance, Quality, Tech Support
    and compatibility. 10 = Best, 0 = DO NOT BUY (even if free):

    Dell 7.9 (fails in Customer/tech support)
    Micron 7.8 (inflexible and pricey)
    IBM 6.5
    Compaq 5.2
    Gateway 5.0
    Acer 4.9
    Sony 4.2
    AOpen 3.9
    Tiny 3.5
    EMachines 3.0
    HP 2.9
    NEC/Packard Bell 2.0
    Daewoo 0.2 (anything from them)

    Shop/Custom built machines are impossible to give a general rating
    because they are all different and vary daily, although it is here that
    you find the ratings of 9's and 10's..

    Wizard, Apr 11, 2004

  3. Geoff Leonard

    mrjelly Guest