    how to kill this as well but for now I would
    greatly appriciate any help with FF problem.
    ..

    Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer, Jun 21, 2008

  2. Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer

    Rom Guest

    On 21 Jun 2008 22:10:53 +0200, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer wrote:

    > This irratating pop-up informs you that you are
    > on a google search page when you happen to
    > be on one or tells you that you are are the
    > first page of a document (often obscuring a
    > word in the document with it's presence).
    > It is a total nusance. Pressing F7 kills it until
    > you move the mouse. Then up it
    > pops again. Using FF-3. Windows does the
    > same kind of crap when mouse arrow passes
    > over various files etc. Need to figure out
    > how to kill this as well but for now I would
    > greatly appriciate any help with FF problem.

    In Fx, F7 toggles caret browsing, with an optional warning to display
    it or not.

    Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
    --Accessibility--
    [?]Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages

    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.browsewithcaret>
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.warn_on_browsewithcaret>

    In Windows start looking at settings for accessibility or ease of
    access and mouse pointers/cursors.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jun 22, 2008

  3. On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:16:37 +1000, Rom <> wrote:

    >On 21 Jun 2008 22:10:53 +0200, Cyberiade.it Anonymous Remailer wrote:
    >
    >> This irratating pop-up informs you that you are
    >> on a google search page when you happen to
    >> be on one or tells you that you are are the
    >> first page of a document (often obscuring a
    >> word in the document with it's presence).
    >> It is a total nusance. Pressing F7 kills it until
    >> you move the mouse. Then up it
    >> pops again. Using FF-3. Windows does the
    >> same kind of crap when mouse arrow passes
    >> over various files etc. Need to figure out
    >> how to kill this as well but for now I would
    >> greatly appriciate any help with FF problem.

    >In Fx, F7 toggles caret browsing, with an optional warning to display
    >it or not.

    >Tools > Options > Advanced > General tab
    >--Accessibility--
    >[?]Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages
    >
    ><http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.browsewithcaret>
    ><http://kb.mozillazine.org/Accessibility.warn_on_browsewithcaret>
    >

    >In Windows start looking at settings for accessibility or ease of
    >access and mouse pointers/cursors.

    Thank you Rom. Read both the URL's you posted. I have been screwing
    around with F7 and the warning dialog box and have yet to have any
    success. I will persist. I do get some relief from the nasty
    little boxes when writing in my news client

    "This preference can be set by checking the "Do not show me this
    dialog box again" checkbox on the "Caret Browsing" dialog that appears
    the first time [F7] is pressed."

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Jun 22, 2008
  4. On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:52:52 +1000, Rom <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:20:21 -0600 (MDT), Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:16:37 +1000, Rom <> wrote:

    >You could try Firefox Safe Mode (by default there's a Fx Safe Mode
    >shortcut in the Mozilla Firefox folder of the Start menu, see
    ><http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode>) to see if it still
    >happens.
    >
    >Someone else with tooltips popping up in Fx3:
    ><http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=684715&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a>

    Dear Rom:
    The madness is over. Cured by the above URL pasted you
    into your last post. Toggled <browser.chrome.toolbar_tips > and
    instantly all is right with the world. I owe you. If you are ever in
    Nicaragua let me buy you a beer.

    Cordially, TC

    Borked Pseudo Mailed, Jun 22, 2008