Timing simulations prob: making me frustrated :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by vx100miles, Oct 8, 2008.

  1. vx100miles

    vx100miles

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    hello,

    i am using ISE 10.1 and ModelSim 6.3 III XE starter version. When I do Behavioral and Post-translate Simulation, they work alright. But when I do Post-map and Post-route simulation they do noy work and shows the following message in the ModelSim transcript:

    ** Error: (vsim-SDF-3250) netgen/map/myfile_map.sdf(0): Failed to find INSTANCE '/UUT'.
    # Error loading design
    # Error: Error loading design
    # Pausing macro execution
    # MACRO ./tb_myfile.mdo PAUSED at line 8

    Can anyone help me how can I get out of this problem. Do I need to change any settings in ISE?

    Thanks

    Pothik

    vx100miles, Oct 8, 2008

  2. vx100miles

    muddassir_asif

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hi!
    i am having same problem, i am using ISE 8.1 adn modelsim 5.7f.
    when i run post-map and post route simulation, modelsim gives error...

    ** Error: (vsim-SDF-3250) C:/Xilinx/xorrngxilinx3/netgen/map/xorrng1_map.sdf(0): Failed to find INSTANCE '/UUT'.
    # Error loading design

    can anyone please help me!! i really need to do post-par simulation!
    thanks in advance

    muddassir_asif, Feb 4, 2009