    without clicking [Continue]. This is pretty annoying since it has nothing to
    do with anything I do. It keeps coming back. Thanks in advance for any
    advice.
    Ernie Werbel, Aug 9, 2006

  2. Ernie Werbel

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Ernie Werbel wrote:
    > Recently whenever I start Windows I get a dialog with a blank drop-down bar
    > asking me to verify Time Zone Settings. I cannot get into Program Manager
    > without clicking [Continue]. This is pretty annoying since it has nothing to
    > do with anything I do. It keeps coming back. Thanks in advance for any
    > advice.

    Sounds like you haven't set the TZ variable correctly in AUTOEXEC.BAT

    (I am assuming you are running your beloved Windows 3x)

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Aug 9, 2006

  3. Ernie Werbel

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > Ernie Werbel wrote:
    >> Recently whenever I start Windows I get a dialog with a blank drop-down
    >> bar asking me to verify Time Zone Settings. I cannot get into Program
    >> Manager without clicking [Continue]. This is pretty annoying since it
    >> has nothing to do with anything I do. It keeps coming back. Thanks in
    >> advance for any advice.
    >>

    > Sounds like you haven't set the TZ variable correctly in AUTOEXEC.BAT
    >
    > (I am assuming you are running your beloved Windows 3x)

    <g>

    And it's probably his problem with the 256 colors and IE post.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Aug 9, 2006
  4. Ernie Werbel

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    Duane Arnold wrote in message ...

    >"Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    >> Ernie Werbel wrote:
    >>> Recently whenever I start Windows I get a dialog with a blank drop-down
    >>> bar asking me to verify Time Zone Settings. I cannot get into Program
    >>> Manager without clicking [Continue]. This is pretty annoying since it
    >>> has nothing to do with anything I do. It keeps coming back. Thanks in
    >>> advance for any advice.
    >>>

    >> Sounds like you haven't set the TZ variable correctly in AUTOEXEC.BAT
    >>
    >> (I am assuming you are running your beloved Windows 3x)
    >>

    ><g>
    >
    >And it's probably his problem with the 256 colors and IE post.
    >
    >Duane :)

    I found out what it was. I accidentally deleted something from the IEXPLORE
    directrory so this was Outlook Express that was calling for the time zone.
    I ended up installing IE 4 with Outlook Express and everything is great now
    (except for Windows 95-style scrollbars, yuck!). Thank you, Oldus and Duane
    for your replies.
    Ernie Werbel, Aug 15, 2006