    "The two most abundant things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
    --Robert A. Heinlein, Harlan Ellison, Frank Zappa, and many others
    "Living free is the best revenge." --GT

    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Gary G. Taylor

    Supersano Guest

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:47:20 GMT, Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    > (relayed from another NG)
    >
    > This Wednesday, after midnight your clock would read:
    >
    > 01:02:03 04/05/06
    >
    > It'll happen again in a thousand years or so..
    >
    > By the way.. this June your clock will read:
    >
    > 06:06:06 06/06/06

    Ah. Elsewhere someone said in "another hundred years". ptptptpttt
    --
    The aim of an argument or discussion
    should not be victory, but progress.

    Supersano, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Today Gary G. Taylor commented courteously on the subject at
    hand

    > (relayed from another NG)
    >
    > This Wednesday, after midnight your clock would read:
    >
    > 01:02:03 04/05/06

    every 100 years - 1406, 1706, 1906, 2006, 2506...

    --
    ATM, aka Jerry

    "Whether You Think You CAN Or CAN'T, You're Right." – Henry Ford

    All Things Mopar, Apr 3, 2006
  4. X-No-Archive: YES
    Gary G. Taylor [] has entered into testimony

    > (relayed from another NG)
    >
    > This Wednesday, after midnight your clock would read:
    >
    > 01:02:03 04/05/06
    >
    > It'll happen again in a thousand years or so..
    >
    > By the way.. this June your clock will read:
    >
    > 06:06:06 06/06/06

    No, mine will read 06:06.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 3, 2006
  5. Gary G. Taylor

    Margolotta Guest

    On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:47:20 +0100, Gary G. Taylor wrote
    (in article <>):

    > (relayed from another NG)
    >
    > This Wednesday, after midnight your clock would read:
    >
    > 01:02:03 04/05/06

    Only in North America (and anywhere else that writes the date in the format
    mm/dd/yy). As I am in Europe (where the standard format is dd/mm/yy) it's,
    obviously, not going to work here.

    Margolotta, Apr 3, 2006
  6. Gary G. Taylor

    JANA Guest

    At our location, we are using YY-MM-DD.

    If you check with the NIST, there are time corrections every year or two.
    Since the time zone changes are done on the same date, unless modified,
    things will remain as normal.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Apr 3, 2006
  7. Margolotta skrev:
    > On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:47:20 +0100, Gary G. Taylor wrote
    > (in article <>):
    >
    >> (relayed from another NG)
    >>
    >> This Wednesday, after midnight your clock would read:
    >>
    >> 01:02:03 04/05/06

    > Only in North America (and anywhere else that writes the date in the format
    > mm/dd/yy). As I am in Europe (where the standard format is dd/mm/yy) it's,
    > obviously, not going to work here.

    In europe this will happen on the 4th of May instead!

    Roger Jansson, Apr 3, 2006
  8. Gary G. Taylor

    Poppy Guest

    Fun. Your post instantly reminded: eight of us assembled August 8 at
    exactly 8pm and we sat down and consumed eight courses at dinner.
    Invitation: an "Eight Party"! Year: 1988. I'm planning one for
    summer after next.

    Poppy
    PS I think you should leave the post up; why have it removed?

    Poppy, Apr 3, 2006
  9. Gary G. Taylor

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    JANA wrote:
    > At our location, we are using YY-MM-DD.
    >
    > If you check with the NIST, there are time corrections every year or two.
    > Since the time zone changes are done on the same date, unless modified,
    > things will remain as normal.

    WTF are you talking about?

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Apr 3, 2006
  10. Gary G. Taylor

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:KO6Yf.350336$,
    Chadwick Stone© spewed forth:
    > Gary G. Taylor [] has entered into testimony
    >

    >> (relayed from another NG)
    >>
    >> This Wednesday, after midnight your clock would read:
    >>
    >> 01:02:03 04/05/06
    >>
    >> It'll happen again in a thousand years or so..
    >>
    >> By the way.. this June your clock will read:
    >>
    >> 06:06:06 06/06/06

    > No, mine will read 06:06.

    Yup - and mine does that twice a day <g>

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 3, 2006
  11. X-No-Archive: YES
    Toolman Tim [] has entered into testimony
    AVcYf.5$

    > In news:KO6Yf.350336$,
    > Chadwick Stone© spewed forth:
    >> Gary G. Taylor [] has entered into testimony
    >>

    >>> (relayed from another NG)
    >>>
    >>> This Wednesday, after midnight your clock would read:
    >>>
    >>> 01:02:03 04/05/06
    >>>
    >>> It'll happen again in a thousand years or so..
    >>>
    >>> By the way.. this June your clock will read:
    >>>
    >>> 06:06:06 06/06/06

    >> No, mine will read 06:06.

    > Yup - and mine does that twice a day <g>

    Using the 24-hour format (should your clock have the option) will reduce
    timekeeping piece evil by 50% ;)

    Chadwick Stone©, Apr 3, 2006