time to killfile Jon Wordsworth

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Todd Walker, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Todd Walker

    Todd Walker Guest

    This troll is getting annoying and is cluttering up our normally nice
    clean group. If we all ignore him, he will go away and bother another
    group.

    Killfiles at the ready -- fire!

    Just a suggestion of course but if we keep feeding him, he'll keep
    coming back for more. The frequency with which he posts shows me that he
    has nothing better to do with his time than check the group every 15
    minutes to see what kind of trouble his latest round of posts have
    stirred up.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Todd Walker

    GCW Guest

    On 8/11/03 7:54 PM, in article ,
    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote:

    > Already beat you to it :)

    Me too! :))

    GCW, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Todd Walker

    Wayne J Guest

    "Todd Walker" <> wrote in message
    > This troll is getting annoying and is cluttering up our normally nice
    > clean group. If we all ignore him, he will go away and bother another
    > group.
    >
    > Killfiles at the ready -- fire!

    Long since done but he still gets too many replies. I also felt I had to
    (reluctantly) killfile some of the people who argue with him just to make
    him completely disappear. I wish otherwise rational and interesting people
    would not rise to this kind of bait. It just allows a loser like Jon to
    score a few points.

    Wayne

    Wayne J, Aug 12, 2003
  4. Todd Walker

    Mark M Guest

    > This troll is getting annoying and is cluttering up our normally nice
    > clean group. If we all ignore him, he will go away and bother another
    > group.
    >
    > Killfiles at the ready -- fire!

    Got him a few hours ago...

    Mark M, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Todd Walker

    MarkH Guest

    Todd Walker <> wrote in

    > This troll is getting annoying and is cluttering up our normally nice
    > clean group. If we all ignore him, he will go away and bother another
    > group.
    >
    > Killfiles at the ready -- fire!
    >
    > Just a suggestion of course but if we keep feeding him, he'll keep
    > coming back for more. The frequency with which he posts shows me that he
    > has nothing better to do with his time than check the group every 15
    > minutes to see what kind of trouble his latest round of posts have
    > stirred up.

    Yeah, but reading his posts makes me feel smarter. :)

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"

    MarkH, Aug 12, 2003
  6. Todd Walker

    Guest

    Archived from Todd Walker <> on Tue, 12 Aug 2003
    02:45:52 GMT:

    >This troll is getting annoying and is cluttering up our normally nice
    >clean group. If we all ignore him,

    Inserted that pollution into KF a while ago.
    mailto: clix.at.xeropixdotcom

    , Aug 12, 2003
  7. Try creating a filter for all email containing the text "Jon Wordsworth".

    "Wayne J" <} wrote in message
    }
    } "Todd Walker" <} wrote in message
    } news:...
    } } This troll is getting annoying and is cluttering up our normally nice
    } } clean group. If we all ignore him, he will go away and bother another
    } } group.
    } }
    } } Killfiles at the ready -- fire!
    }

    Aaron Queenan, Aug 12, 2003
  8. Todd Walker

    jeff liss Guest

    "DS" <spam_me_not@buzz_off.net> wrote in message news:<5J0_a.3895$>...
    > Jon who???
    >
    > ds
    >
    > "Todd Walker" <> wrote in message
    > > This troll is getting annoying and is cluttering up our normally nice
    > > clean group. If we all ignore him, he will go away and bother another
    > > group.
    > >
    > > Killfiles at the ready -- fire!
    > >
    > > Just a suggestion of course but if we keep feeding him, he'll keep
    > > coming back for more. The frequency with which he posts shows me that he
    > > has nothing better to do with his time than check the group every 15
    > > minutes to see what kind of trouble his latest round of posts have
    > > stirred up.
    > >
    > > --
    > > ________________________________
    > > Todd Walker
    > > http://twalker.d2g.com
    > > Canon 10D:
    > > http://twalker.d2g.com/canon10d
    > > My Digital Photography Weblog:
    > > http://twalker.d2g.com/dpblog.htm

    There are a few yahoos on this great board I want to killfile. Problem
    is I don't know how to do it. Help, please...

    jeff liss, Aug 12, 2003
  9. jeff liss wrote:
    > There are a few yahoos on this great board I want to killfile. Problem
    > is I don't know how to do it. Help, please...

    It depends on your software. Look through your menus for something like
    Killfile, message filters or junk email.

    Andrew McDonald, Aug 12, 2003