Time to Get Serious (lol):: Global Best Unlimited VoIP Packages / Providers - Raketu and Startel.pt

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, May 21, 2007.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    Re: Time to Get Serious (lol):: Global Best Unlimited VoIP Packages /
    Providers - Raketu and Startel.pt - Users, Experiences, etc. // Raketu.com
    and Startel.pt VoIP Services / Service Providers

    As what appear to be the two current leading VoIP unlimited providers, I
    would dearly appreciate and love to get some input and feedback concerning
    either of these providers.

    It seems to be very difficult to get reliable information concerning these
    providers (admittedly Raketu presently seems to be tied to their own rather
    behemoth oriented and perhaps somewhat [I am reluctant to say and feel bad
    saying it but still] wagoness software).

    Both purport unlimited calling to countless international destinations
    provided satisfaction of a top-up / adding of credit qualification is met
    (Raketu significantly more leniently and more convincingly as well as in
    respect of their service more generally).

    All input warmly welcomed / greatly / very much appreciated :) .

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    P.s. Globe7 were doing an unlimited package to approximately 30 destinations
    for $4.99 per month (which could be used with some ingenuity via SIP
    equipment), however they seem to have stopped doing this and are now
    focusing on bundling this service with their hardware. And whilst it may be
    fair to argue that getting a good service at a good price is worth some
    hurdle jumping - any company that includes browser, etc., ad / spyware in
    their main program is not to be overly respected..!! ?? :)

    P.s. To clarify on the suggested offer details (this is to approximately
    best of my recollection - please advise corrections, etc.):

    Raketu:
    ---

    Add Credit Amount: $10
    Credit Expires: No (as long as account used once in six months - even a free
    call counts)
    Destination Change Flakiness?: No (seems stable and like company, offer and
    operation are from a stable environment)
    Maximum Call / Calls Limits: None Evident nor Expected
    Uptime: Website, control panel, etc. seems very good (seem to have a proper
    permanent support team, proper investors, etc.)

    Startel.Pt
    ---

    Add Credit Amount: $10
    Credit Expires: No... or is that Yes (not clear - seem to be mixed
    messages - six months suggested as minimum but may... MAY... never expire a
    little like Raketu, but may require a paid call to be made every six
    months - although in reality I suspect credit just expires no matter what
    after six months or at best suspect that the credit remains but free calling
    is disabled after six months until another top-up takes place and the old
    credit always remains only as spendable and non-qualifying for additional
    free calling)
    Destination Change Flakiness?: Maybe (destinations have changed /
    disappeared, albeit with most to reappear - however in a climate of [see
    more below] systems and other instabilities this would seem to suggest a
    greater likelihood of destination flakiness than not)
    Maximum Call / Calls Limits: None Evident nor Expected (but...!)
    Uptime: Website, control panel, etc. seems pretty poor (do not seem to have
    a proper permanent support team, proper investors, etc. - website seems a
    bit flaky, control panel has been down for MONTHS! at a stretch, apparently
    their rate tables have holes such that supposedly free calls get charged,
    SIP server downtime is reported, etc.)
    News Reader, May 21, 2007

  2. News Reader

    mr deo Guest

    > P.s. Globe7 were doing an unlimited package to approximately 30

    destinations
    > for $4.99 per month (which could be used with some ingenuity via SIP
    > equipment), however they seem to have stopped doing this and are now
    > focusing on bundling this service with their hardware. And whilst it may

    be
    > fair to argue that getting a good service at a good price is worth some
    > hurdle jumping - any company that includes browser, etc., ad / spyware in
    > their main program is not to be overly respected..!! ?? :)

    Yes, Avoid globe7..

    adware isnt a problem when the company discloses that it will exist...
    adware that will modify the way IE works and not giving notice...... bad
    buisness model.
    mr deo, May 21, 2007

  3. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    "mr deo" <> wrote in message

    >> P.s. Globe7 were doing an unlimited package to approximately 30

    > destinations
    >> for $4.99 per month (which could be used with some ingenuity via SIP
    >> equipment), however they seem to have stopped doing this and are now
    >> focusing on bundling this service with their hardware. And whilst it may

    > be
    >> fair to argue that getting a good service at a good price is worth some
    >> hurdle jumping - any company that includes browser, etc., ad / spyware in
    >> their main program is not to be overly respected..!! ?? :)
    >>

    > Yes, Avoid globe7..
    >
    > adware isnt a problem when the company discloses that it will exist...
    > adware that will modify the way IE works and not giving notice...... bad
    > buisness model.

    Hi,

    That is absolutely right... and quite polite / reserved in calling only a
    bad business model.

    Thanks for your input.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader