    1. Advertising

  2. Annika1980

    Jon Pope Guest

    Jon Pope, Jun 13, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 13, 2:17 am, "Jon Pope" <> wrote:
    > DAMN BRET THAT'S AN AWESOME PICTURE

    DAMMIT, DON'T KEEP ME IN SUSPENSE.
    WHICH ONE???

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Jon Pope Guest

    All of them but I really enjoyed the first 1

    Jon Pope, Jun 13, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Jun 13, 1:48 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Tired of clubbing Rita with the 40D, I decided to break out a new
    > weapon tonight.

    > Here are a few more from tonight's session:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593819
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593820
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593817
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593823
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915

    Some damn nice work Bret. Isn't it amazing that a zoom lens is as
    sharp at f/4 as f/22? very cool. But I still like my Nikon.

    Draco

    Draco, Jun 13, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 13, 3:19 am, donLouis <> wrote:

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593817

    > i don't usually go for bird shots, but this one i like.
    > it has a kind of "family portrait" look to it.
    >
    > they have this look on there faces, "what's that naked
    > monkey down there up to?" that makes me laugh.

    How did you know I was naked?

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 13, 8:52 am, Draco <> wrote:

    > Some damn nice work Bret. Isn't it amazing that a zoom lens is as
    > sharp at f/4 as f/22? very cool.

    I assume you are referring to this shot:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915

    Let's just say that everything is not always as it seems.
    See if anybody can figure out what I'm talking about.

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Jun 13, 1:48 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > Tired of clubbing Rita with the 40D, I decided to break out a new
    > weapon tonight.

    > Here are a few more from tonight's session:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593819
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593820
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593817
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593823
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915

    Great series of shots. My fav are these 2:
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593823
    http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593817

    I bet using that 5D was a real treat!
    Helen

    Helen, Jun 13, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Jun 13, 8:52 am, Draco <> wrote:
    > On Jun 13, 1:48 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    >
    > > Tired of clubbing Rita with the 40D, I decided to break out a new
    > > weapon tonight.

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593821/original

    > > Here are a few more from tonight's session:

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593819

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593820

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593817

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593823

    > >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915

    > Some damn nice work Bret. Isn't it amazing that a zoom lens is as
    > sharp at f/4 as f/22? very cool. But I still like my Nikon.
    >
    > Draco

    "But I still like my Nikon"

    To each his own. I won't hold that against you!
    Personally, I've never liked the way Nikon cameras work or the way
    they feel in my hands.
    Helen

    Helen, Jun 13, 2008
  10. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Jun 13, 10:36 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > On Jun 13, 8:52 am, Draco <> wrote:
    >

    > > Some damn nice work Bret. Isn't it amazing that a zoom lens is as
    > > sharp at f/4 as f/22? very cool.

    > I assume you are referring to this shot:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915
    >
    > Let's just say that everything is not always as it seems.
    > See if anybody can figure out what I'm talking about.

    I can see that you used a 400mm f/5.6L in a few of the shots. That
    this shot is done at the 70mm length of the 70-200mm f/2.8L. Either
    way my comment was about the zoom and how well the sharpnes and DOF
    was for a zoom.

    If you are talking about something else, then please tell us.

    No matter, keep shooting and showing those georgous images.

    Draco

    Draco, Jun 13, 2008
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  12. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    On Jun 13, 12:28 pm, Draco <> wrote:

    > > I assume you are referring to this shot:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915

    > > Let's just say that everything is not always as it seems.
    > > See if anybody can figure out what I'm talking about.

    > I can see that you used a 400mm f/5.6L in a few of the shots. That
    > this shot is done at the 70mm length of the 70-200mm f/2.8L. Either
    > way my comment was about the zoom and how well the sharpnes and DOF
    > was for a zoom.
    >
    > If you are talking about something else, then please tell us.

    The EXIF info is correct .... taken at f/4.
    But how could this be since both the foreground and the background are
    in focus?
    I took two pics changing the focus point between them. Then I combined
    them so that everything would be in focus (max DOF).

    Annika1980, Jun 13, 2008
  13. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Jun 13, 12:40 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > On Jun 13, 12:28 pm, Draco <> wrote:
    >

    > > > I assume you are referring to this shot:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915

    > > > Let's just say that everything is not always as it seems.
    > > > See if anybody can figure out what I'm talking about.

    > > I can see that you used a 400mm f/5.6L in a few of the shots. That
    > > this shot is done at the 70mm length of the 70-200mm f/2.8L. Either
    > > way my comment was about the zoom and how well the sharpnes and DOF
    > > was for a zoom.

    > > If you are talking about something else, then please tell us.

    > The EXIF info is correct .... taken at f/4.
    > But how could this be since both the foreground and the background are
    > in focus?
    > I took two pics changing the focus point between them. Then I combined
    > them so that everything would be in focus (max DOF).

    Ah, so I see, say the blind idiot.;-) With your skills in the digital
    darkroom, it would have been quite easy for you to seamlessly combine
    two or more images to create a new one. Something traditional
    photographers have done for years.

    Nicely done as well.

    Draco

    Draco, Jun 13, 2008
  14. Annika1980

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:05:49 -0700 (PDT), Helen
    <> wrote:

    >To each his own. I won't hold that against you!
    >Personally, I've never liked the way Nikon cameras work or the way
    >they feel in my hands.

    Nikon dslrs work much the same way as other dslrs. You switch them
    on, look through the tiny window to see what the lens will capture,
    and press the shiny silver button. Various adjustments are possible
    before and during these steps.

    They feel much the same way that other dslrs do. It's best to not
    handle them with if your hands are coated with sun lotion or hand
    lotion.

    The really important things are the creative and technical ability of
    the holder of the camera, and the interest of what is in front of the
    camera. The camera is merely a tool, and the brand of the tool is
    less important than what is in front and in back of the tool.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Jun 13, 2008
  15. Annika1980

    Draco Guest

    On Jun 13, 1:36 pm, Alan Browne <>
    wrote:
    > Draco wrote:
    > > Some damn nice work Bret. Isn't it amazing that a zoom lens is as
    > > sharp at f/4 as f/22?

    > Technically, no.
    >
    > On an image that's been reduced in size 2:1 (or more), the appearance of
    > such is another matter.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Alan.
    >
    > --
    > -- r.p.e.35mm user resource:http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
    > --        r.p.d.slr-systems:http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur..htm
    > --      [SI] gallery & rulz:http://www.pbase.com/shootin
    > --                   e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

    Ah, but I have seen a wide difference in quality of image with a zoom
    lens between either end of the lenses range. One shot looks like it is
    tack sharp through out the image and when racked out, falls apart in
    quality at the same settings. Re-focused of course on the same subject
    and with-in a moment of the first image. Go figure. But that was way
    back in the day when you weren't sure who or where your lens was made.

    But then again I think Bret can make a pin-hole, telephoto shot sharp.

    jmtcw

    Draco

    Draco, Jun 13, 2008
  16. ? "Annika1980" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > Tired of clubbing Rita with the 40D, I decided to break out a new
    > weapon tonight.

    > Here are a few more from tonight's session:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593819
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593820
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593817
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593823
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593915

    .....And here's a new weapon, too.
    www.esnips.com/web/dimtzortsPhotos
    Well done, Bret. My mother told me that eagles have a wing span up to 6'
    (I'm 5'10").

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Jun 13, 2008
  17. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Jun 13, 12:37 pm, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > On Jun 13, 11:00 am, Helen <> wrote:
    >

    > > Great series of shots.  My fav are these 2:

    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593823http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/98593817
    >

    > > I bet using that 5D was a real treat!
    > > Helen

    > It's like cheating.

    "It's like cheating."

    Never feel like that. People grow and require more challenging
    equipment. Never feel tied down just because it was a gift. It's
    your camera to do whatever you wish.
    Anytime you tire of the 40D I'll be more than happy to relieve you of
    it.

    Helen, Jun 13, 2008
  18. Annika1980

    John Guest

    Just one word.AMAZING.

    All of them. But I do like the first one.

    John.

    John, Jun 13, 2008
  19. Annika1980

    m II Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:

    > How did you know I was naked?

    Most perverts get that way. Steal any pictures today?

    mike

    --
    Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage, this filter
    blocks all postings from Gmail, Google Mail and Google Groups.

    http://improve-usenet.org/

    m II, Jun 14, 2008
  20. Annika1980

    Helen Guest

    On Jun 14, 11:12 am, donLouis <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 07:31:18 -0700 (PDT)
    >
    > Annika1980 <> wrote:

    > > > i don't usually go for bird shots, but this one i like.
    > > > it has a kind of "family portrait" look to it.

    > > > they have this look on there faces, "what's that naked
    > > > monkey down there up to?" that makes me laugh.

    > > How did you know I was naked?

    > well, not in the sense of no clothing, but hairless, at
    > least relative to other primates. an alternative term
    > for homo sapiens is "talking monkey".
    >
    > --
    > donLouis
    > papaindia (at) comcast (dot) net

    "an alternative term
    for homo sapiens is "talking monkey".

    I've heard some say the say thing about GWB. ;0)

    Helen, Jun 14, 2008