Time Sensitive Vivitar Help Request

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by info, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. info

    info Guest

    I have a chance to purchase a very inexpensive Vivitar Vivicam 55 for under
    $100.00 Canadian. It is part of a Christmas Catalogue flyer sale, which
    expires early Decemeber.

    I need more details about this camera than what the vivitar site has listed.
    Things such as rechargeable batteries, battery pack, battery charger, ac
    adaptor, memory card expansion, etc.

    Can anyone please list links to other sites that would tell me precisely
    what the Vivicam 55 is capable of. I am looking for the "total" package
    kind of details.

    Also, there is a Kodak CX6200 on sale as well for $149.00 Canadian. I would
    appreciate feedback on this camera as well.

    The Vivicam 55 is within my measely budget, but I would appreciate any and
    all feedback on both camera models.

    OS Windows SE

    Thank you very much!

    info, Nov 30, 2003

  2. In article <7Unyb.1914$>,
    "info" <> wrote:

    > I have a chance to purchase a very inexpensive Vivitar Vivicam 55 for under
    > $100.00 Canadian. It is part of a Christmas Catalogue flyer sale, which
    > expires early Decemeber.

    The many results of a search:
    <http://www.google.com/search?as_q=Vivitar Vivicam 55&num=10&hl=en&ie=ISO
    -8859-1&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=
    &as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images>

    This site shows a normal price of $55 US (including shipping), so I
    don't believe that $100 CDN is a super deal that you have to jump on.
    http://www1.dealtime.com/xPO-Vivitar_Vivicam_55
    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

    Charlie Dilks, Nov 30, 2003

  3. info

    PhotoMan Guest

    "info" <> wrote in message
    > I have a chance to purchase a very inexpensive Vivitar Vivicam 55 for

    under
    > $100.00 Canadian. It is part of a Christmas Catalogue flyer sale, which
    > expires early Decemeber.
    >
    > I need more details about this camera than what the vivitar site has

    listed.
    > Things such as rechargeable batteries, battery pack, battery charger, ac
    > adaptor, memory card expansion, etc.
    >
    > Can anyone please list links to other sites that would tell me precisely
    > what the Vivicam 55 is capable of. I am looking for the "total" package
    > kind of details.
    >
    > Also, there is a Kodak CX6200 on sale as well for $149.00 Canadian. I

    would
    > appreciate feedback on this camera as well.
    >
    > The Vivicam 55 is within my measely budget, but I would appreciate any and
    > all feedback on both camera models.
    >
    > OS Windows SE
    >
    > Thank you very much!

    It's only a .3 MP - that's POINT 3 megapixels. I have an old Vivitar 2750
    digicam with the same specs, and for 3 X 5 or so, the prints are 'usable'.

    PhotoMan, Nov 30, 2003
  4. info

    George Guest

    Run don't walk away from the deal. Wanna know why? Call them and pretend
    that you lost the cable for it (or something else essential), leave a
    message saying that you need to buy a new one, and see if you ever hear from
    them. Or simply buy my kid's non working (used once) PZ7000 35mm Vivitar or
    her working (but missing a cable in our move) Vivitar digital camera.
    Vivitar USED to be good stuff. Unfortunately, their "support" is
    non-existent these days.

    George, Nov 30, 2003