Time problem.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Knut Arvid Keilen, Feb 16, 2007.

  1. How long is a "minute". Is it 60 seconds ?

    Knut Arvid Keilen, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Knut Arvid Keilen

    Otter Guest

    In news:,
    Knut Arvid Keilen <> typed:
    > How long is a "minute". Is it 60 seconds ?

    It varies. HTH

    Otter, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Knut Arvid Keilen

    Stickems. Guest

    In theory, yes.

    Stickems., Feb 16, 2007
  4. Knut Arvid Keilen

    Mike Easter Guest

    Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
    > How long is a "minute". Is it 60 seconds ?

    Except when it also contains an extra leap second.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Feb 16, 2007
  5. Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
    > How long is a "minute". Is it 60 seconds ?

    What? You've not read about relativity?

    When I was young and told my mother I'd be there in a minute, it could
    easily last a full day. But now when I tell my wife I'm almost there,
    I'm almost there, any minute, it may only be about 10 seconds.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 16, 2007
  6. Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

    > How long is a "minute". Is it 60 seconds ?

    At the bus stop or subway station, a minute (shown arrival time on the
    displays) can be endless. Due to relativity theory and time dilatation, you
    must take caution - the subway might arrive at half light speed then :)

    Walter Mautner, Feb 16, 2007
  7. Knut Arvid Keilen

    Fred Guest

    Fred, Feb 17, 2007
  8. Knut Arvid Keilen

    kraftee Guest

    Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
    > How long is a "minute". Is it 60 seconds ?

    Are we talking realtime, female time or your time, after you've
    changed the jumpers on whatever piece off equipment you're playing
    with now.

    ..

    kraftee, Feb 17, 2007