    that's it..

    All other internet is working fine.

    Sunnie

    Sunnie, Jun 11, 2009

  2. Sunnie

    Mike Litoris Guest

    "Sunnie" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > I've just subscribed to this news group service but I cannot download the
    > news groups.. I keep getting connection timed out message. I manage to
    > download this support group and a few other related groups, but that's
    > it..
    >
    > All other internet is working fine.
    >
    > Sunnie

    Thanks.

    Mike Litoris, Jun 11, 2009

  3. Sunnie

    thanatoid Guest

    Sunnie <> wrote in

    > I've just subscribed to this news group service but I
    > cannot download the news groups.. I keep getting connection
    > timed out message. I manage to download this support group
    > and a few other related groups, but that's it..
    >
    > All other internet is working fine.
    >
    > Sunnie

    I get them sometimes when my news server is "misbehaving" - and
    I just wait and come back later.
    It usually works then.

    Call them and ask them why. It may be a setting in your
    newsreader or some network/setting only they know about. You pay
    them, so demand customer service.

    If it happens /ALL/ the time and they can't fix it, demand your
    money back and sign up with someone else.

    --
    Lots of theoretical butchers are alleged and other bloody eyes
    are suitable, but will Pam secure that?

    thanatoid, Jun 11, 2009
  4. Sunnie

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-06-11, Sunnie <> wrote:
    > I've just subscribed to this news group service but I cannot download
    > the news groups.. I keep getting connection timed out message. I manage
    > to download this support group and a few other related groups, but
    > that's it..
    >
    > All other internet is working fine.
    >
    > Sunnie

    Can you get to the newsgroup called news.software.readers? If so, post a
    question there with the name of your newsreader in the Subject - eg
    "Thunderbird newsgroups timeout". There may be a 'timeout' setting
    somewhere in Thunderbird which is set to too small a number for your
    connection.

    I notice that your timezone is +1000 which probably puts you in Australia;
    that is a long way from Germany :))

    Individual.net is one of the most reliable news-servers. They usually
    reply fairly quickly to emails sent to .

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 11, 2009
  5. Sunnie

    Mike Easter Guest

    Sunnie wrote:
    > I've just subscribed to this news group service but I cannot download
    > the news groups.. I keep getting connection timed out message. I manage
    > to download this support group and a few other related groups, but
    > that's it..
    >
    > All other internet is working fine.

    Individual has an item in their faq
    https://news.individual.net/faq.php#1.3 The download of messages is
    rather slow. Is the server overloaded?

    The item assures that there's no problem with their server and addresses
    such as bottlenecks between your provider and the DFN, traffic shaping by
    the provider, using alternate ports, and checking the tracert and
    emailing them the result.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jun 11, 2009