    JimBo Guest

    Question on the Hardware and OS tests. How much time is allowed between the
    tests?
    JimBo, Dec 21, 2004

  2. "JimBo" <> wrote in message
    news:FtLxd.14781$...
    > Question on the Hardware and OS tests. How much time is allowed between
    > the
    > tests?

    It depends when you schedule them. Theoretically, you could take one of
    them now, and then take the other one a year from now. However, if CompTIA
    changes the test between now and then, you might run into some difficulties.
    However, they had a pretty long "grace period" for the transition last time.
    Patrick Michael, Dec 21, 2004

  3. JimBo

    CLV3 Guest

    "JimBo" <> wrote in message
    > Question on the Hardware and OS tests. How much time is allowed between

    the
    > tests?

    I believe they have to be done within 6 months of each other.
    CLV3, Dec 21, 2004
  4. JimBo

    Michael Guest

    According to CompTIA's site, you can take the second test until they come up
    with the new version. I could find no 6 month limit.

    Michael, Dec 22, 2004
  5. JimBo

    CLV3 Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > According to CompTIA's site, you can take the second test until they come

    up
    > with the new version. I could find no 6 month limit.

    I must be mistaken. That is just what I thought I had heard. But if that is
    the case I certainly feel better. I plan on doing my A+ soon as well.
    CLV3, Dec 22, 2004
  6. JimBo

    Guest

    Comptia did away with the grace period. You have an indefinite period
    of time to take the next test. When a new exam comes out you are still
    given ample time to take the next test. I don't think a new one will be
    out too soon anyway.

    Johnny
    , Dec 23, 2004