    Rather than studying for both at the same time. Although, if there is a time
    duration between the two tests, I will probably just figure out a way to
    study for both simultaneously.
    Jacob, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Jacob

    bob Guest

    I think as long as the exam is offered and the Certificate is still
    available, there is no duration. But I'm sure someone else will be able to
    provide you a with an official link.

    Answer to question, No.

    bob

    "Jacob" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, I am currently preparing to take the MCDST 70-271 and 70-272 exams.
    > After passing one exam, is there a time duration limit microsoft requires
    > that the other test be completed, in order to gain certification?
    >
    > I.E. Can I theoretically take 271, pass, and take 272 a year later, pass

    and
    > gain certification? Or does microsoft want us to take both tests
    > consecutively and completed under a certain time frame? (i.e. 3 months,

    etc).

    > With work, kids, and everything else, I do not have the amount of free

    time
    > to study as I would like. Personally, I would rather concentrate on

    studying

    bob, Jun 9, 2005

  3. Also i had done the 271 and 272 together in 120 Minutes. There was no
    problem with MS.

    cu,

    Henry

    Henry Gerloff, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Jacob

    GKSmith Guest

    I think there is a minimum time between tests if you fail one.

    If you fail a test, MS will not let you take it again for 2 weeks.

    There is no time limit between two different exams.

    There was a guy who took the 70-240(?) (upgrade track from NT4 to W2k) exam.
    Failed. You only got one free attempt at that exam with outlandish
    requirements to pass. The exam covered 4 W2k exams. The guy came back the
    next day, and took the 4 W2k exams back-to-back...and passed each.
    GKSmith, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Jacob

    Shawn Dafoe Guest

    It can happen - either you get x number of questions you know
    (Congratulations!! You passed!!) or don't know (Sorry!! Try again!!).

    Shawn Dafoe, Jun 14, 2005