    anybody have any suggestions for good low to medium priced cameras that
    can do time lapse, ie interval shooting?
    , Feb 20, 2006

  2. Guest

    My Nikon Coolpix 8800 can do it. At $500 - $600 does it fall into the
    medium priced range?

    - Barry
    , Feb 20, 2006

  3. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > anybody have any suggestions for good low to medium priced cameras
    > that can do time lapse, ie interval shooting?

    If you've got a laptop, just about any Canon digital can do both via a USB
    cable to the computer with included software.
    Mark², Feb 20, 2006
  4. John H Guest

    On 19 Feb 2006 19:56:04 -0800, wrote:

    >anybody have any suggestions for good low to medium priced cameras that
    >can do time lapse, ie interval shooting?

    The Canon S2 has that feature. They call it 'Intervalometer'
    I believe, the marketing department apparently not being satisfied
    with the current scope of English vocabulary.

    John H
    John H, Feb 20, 2006
  5. Mark² Guest

    John H wrote:
    > On 19 Feb 2006 19:56:04 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >> anybody have any suggestions for good low to medium priced cameras
    >> that can do time lapse, ie interval shooting?

    > The Canon S2 has that feature. They call it 'Intervalometer'
    > I believe, the marketing department apparently not being satisfied
    > with the current scope of English vocabulary.

    That term has been around for decades, and its origin has nothing to do with
    Canon or marketing.
    Mark², Feb 20, 2006
  6. Guest

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:06:13 GMT, John H <> wrote:

    >On 19 Feb 2006 19:56:04 -0800, wrote:
    >
    >>anybody have any suggestions for good low to medium priced cameras that
    >>can do time lapse, ie interval shooting?

    > The Canon S2 has that feature. They call it 'Intervalometer'
    >I believe, the marketing department apparently not being satisfied
    >with the current scope of English vocabulary.
    >
    >John H

    KM 7D has it too,

    http://www.usenet.com
    , Feb 20, 2006
  7. John H Guest

    On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:34:14 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    >John H wrote:
    >> On 19 Feb 2006 19:56:04 -0800, wrote:
    >>
    >>> anybody have any suggestions for good low to medium priced cameras
    >>> that can do time lapse, ie interval shooting?

    >> The Canon S2 has that feature. They call it 'Intervalometer'
    >> I believe, the marketing department apparently not being satisfied
    >> with the current scope of English vocabulary.

    >That term has been around for decades, and its origin has nothing to do with
    >Canon or marketing.

    I stand corrected. It so sounded like a made up word that I
    didn't check it but now that I have I see that it originated in 1933,
    according to Merriam-Webster.

    John H
    John H, Feb 20, 2006
  8. Mark² Guest

    John H wrote:
    > On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:34:14 -0800, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even
    > number here)@cox..net> wrote:
    >
    >> John H wrote:

    >>> The Canon S2 has that feature. They call it 'Intervalometer'
    >>> I believe, the marketing department apparently not being satisfied
    >>> with the current scope of English vocabulary.

    >> That term has been around for decades, and its origin has nothing to
    >> do with Canon or marketing.
    >>

    > I stand corrected. It so sounded like a made up word that I
    > didn't check it but now that I have I see that it originated in 1933,
    > according to Merriam-Webster.
    >
    > John H

    The word makes perfect sense if you look at the root, "interval."
    Adding "ometer" to words typically means measurement of whatever the
    preceding portion of the word refers to... (think speedometer, thermometer,
    etc.)
    ....so you're "interval-measuring."

    Save'?
    :)
    Mark², Feb 21, 2006
  9. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    John H <> wrote:

    > On 19 Feb 2006 19:56:04 -0800, wrote:
    >
    > >anybody have any suggestions for good low to medium priced cameras that
    > >can do time lapse, ie interval shooting?

    > The Canon S2 has that feature. They call it 'Intervalometer'
    > I believe, the marketing department apparently not being satisfied
    > with the current scope of English vocabulary.

    Most manuals are translated by Japanese part-time workers outside the
    companies. The Japanese manual tends to be twice as long as the english
    or spanish one as there are a huge number of anal pedants in Japan -
    which is why many 2 hole punches have *PUSH* printed on them.

    Intervalometer is quite correct. What single word would you use as a
    replacement?

    There are a number of mechanical intervalometers available which screw
    into the cable release.
    Stewy, Feb 27, 2006