    be varied?

    Thanks

    Rod

    Rod J, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Rod J

    Cooter Guest

    The upcoming Nikon Coolpix 8800 is advertized to have both a movie and
    non-movie time lapse capability. However, it is only a few pennies less than
    $1000. Nikon also sells a remote shutter release cord with a time lapse
    feature for some of its other Coolpix models including the 5700 and 8700,
    possibly others. The biggest problem is that the minimum interval on the
    8800 is 30 seconds between shots, and on the others I think it is two
    minutes.

    Cooter, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Rod J

    Mr Jessop Guest

    "Cooter" <> wrote in message
    > The upcoming Nikon Coolpix 8800 is advertized to have both a movie and
    > non-movie time lapse capability. However, it is only a few pennies less
    > than
    > $1000. Nikon also sells a remote shutter release cord with a time lapse
    > feature for some of its other Coolpix models including the 5700 and 8700,
    > possibly others. The biggest problem is that the minimum interval on the
    > 8800 is 30 seconds between shots, and on the others I think it is two
    > minutes.

    those that can connect direct to a pc and download directly such as the
    minolta a1 can do timelapse i believe.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Rod J

    Owamanga Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:30:17 GMT, "Mr Jessop" <>
    wrote:

    >"Cooter" <> wrote in message
    >> The upcoming Nikon Coolpix 8800 is advertized to have both a movie and
    >> non-movie time lapse capability. However, it is only a few pennies less
    >> than
    >> $1000. Nikon also sells a remote shutter release cord with a time lapse
    >> feature for some of its other Coolpix models including the 5700 and 8700,
    >> possibly others. The biggest problem is that the minimum interval on the
    >> 8800 is 30 seconds between shots, and on the others I think it is two
    >> minutes.

    >those that can connect direct to a pc and download directly such as the
    >minolta a1 can do timelapse i believe.

    :)

    I can just imagine some guy setting up a DSLR and a laptop at a
    building site to so some time-lapse. Three frames into to the project
    and - wham - someone steals the kit.

    --
    Owamanga!

    Owamanga, Oct 21, 2004
  5. Rod J

    dylan Guest

    Olympus C70ZOOM - '2 to 99 shots with interval of 1 to 60min...'
    http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/digimg/intro.cfm?id=C-70ZOOM

    dylan, Oct 21, 2004
  6. Rod J

    Ross Guest

    Ross, Oct 22, 2004
  7. Rod J

    bob Guest

    "Cooter" <> wrote in news:EwRdd.14$lj3.1244775
    @twister.southeast.rr.com:

    > The upcoming Nikon Coolpix 8800

    And also the 8400, which is basically the same camera with a wide angle
    zoom, instead of a telephoto zoom.

    Bob

    --
    Delete the inverse SPAM to reply

    bob, Oct 22, 2004
  8. Rod J

    dylan Guest

    Try the Canon ranges and see which take the TC-80N3 timer remote controller,
    it fits the DSLRs, EOS 3 etc and fits the old Pro70 / 90 etc.

    dylan, Oct 22, 2004
  9. (Rod J) writes:

    > Are there any sub-$1000 cameras that have an actual time lapse option,
    > or the equivalent of a movie mode where the interval between shots can
    > be varied?

    My Epson 850Z has such a mode -- $650 in early 2000.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Oct 26, 2004