    a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    infact new messages...?

    thanks,

    sara, Mar 19, 2007

  2. sara

    D.Duck Guest

    "sara" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    > something,
    > the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    > there is no note of
    > a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    > infact new messages...?
    >
    > thanks,

    Check to make sure the "time zone" is set correctly for where you live.

    D.Duck, Mar 19, 2007

  3. "sara" <> wrote in

    > the time on my new group page is incorrect,
    > so each time someone posts something,
    > the time noted is way off....
    > how can we change this?
    > also, by times, there is no note of
    > a NEW message, just the number of messages
    > and then i check to find infact new messages...?
    >
    > thanks,

    You could always get one of those self-winding watches
    at the "March Madness Sales" if you have malls where
    you live.

    --

    If you're out hiking and your friend gets bitten by a poisonous snake,
    tell him you're going to go for help! Then go about 10 feet, out of

    A lot of guys will just start crying, "... but I don't want to die now."
    That's why it makes you feel good when you tell them it was only a joke -
    but he's still always going to be the big sissy cry-baby to everybody
    else.

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 19, 2007
  4. sara

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-03-19, sara <> wrote:
    > the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    > something,
    > the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    > there is no note of
    > a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    > infact new messages...?
    >
    > thanks,

    What do you mean by "my new group page"? After that part, the meaning of
    your questions becomes too obscure to work out what on Earth you might be
    talking about.

    I suspect that you are under the missapprehension that this public usenet
    newsgroup has some sort of connection with Google's proprietary web forums;
    it hasn't. If you have questions about Google's services, ask Google. I
    think they often have a clickable 'Help' thingy somewhere on their web
    pages.

    <cue insertion of G2.clip boilerplate:>

    Google Groups is not usenet. Google Groups is a combination of

    1) A searchable archive of most of the articles posted into most
    usenet newsgroups in the last 20 years or so, purchased by Google
    from 'DejaNews' who started it.

    2) A badly designed web forum interface to allow reading and posting
    in those newsgroups.

    3) Google's own proprietary web forums, which are not part of usenet.
    For reasons of their own, Google do not make the distinction
    between their own web forums and the real newsgroups very clear.

    1) is a useful service. 2) and 3) are means of getting people to look at
    and occasionally click on the advertisements that Google display, and
    which earn them their money.

    <cue insertion of noob.clip boilerplate:>

    Newcomers to newsgroups should start here

    <http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm>

    and here

    <http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/>, the Official Home Page of the
    newsgroup called news.newusers.questions.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 19, 2007
  5. sara

    sara Guest

    On Mar 19, 10:05 am, Whiskers <> wrote:
    > On 2007-03-19, sara <> wrote:
    >
    > > the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    > > something,
    > > the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    > > there is no note of
    > > a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    > > infact new messages...?

    > > thanks,

    > What do you mean by "my new group page"? After that part, the meaning of
    > your questions becomes too obscure to work out what on Earth you might be
    > talking about.
    >
    > I suspect that you are under the missapprehension that this public usenet
    > newsgroup has some sort of connection with Google's proprietary web forums;
    > it hasn't. If you have questions about Google's services, ask Google. I
    > think they often have a clickable 'Help' thingy somewhere on their web
    > pages.
    >
    > <cue insertion of G2.clip boilerplate:>
    >
    > Google Groups is not usenet. Google Groups is a combination of
    >
    > 1) A searchable archive of most of the articles posted into most
    > usenet newsgroups in the last 20 years or so, purchased by Google
    > from 'DejaNews' who started it.
    >
    > 2) A badly designed web forum interface to allow reading and posting
    > in those newsgroups.
    >
    > 3) Google's own proprietary web forums, which are not part of usenet.
    > For reasons of their own, Google do not make the distinction
    > between their own web forums and the real newsgroups very clear.
    >
    > 1) is a useful service. 2) and 3) are means of getting people to look at
    > and occasionally click on the advertisements that Google display, and
    > which earn them their money.
    >
    > <cue insertion of noob.clip boilerplate:>
    >
    > Newcomers to newsgroups should start here
    >
    > <http://computer.howstuffworks.com/newsgroup.htm>
    >
    > and here
    >
    > <http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/>, the Official Home Page of the
    > newsgroup called news.newusers.questions.
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~

    wow... i did think this was associated with google. what a bunch of
    smart asses you are here. yikes.
    thanks for the advice, i'll see what i can do to fix my problem. i
    haven't found any place to contact
    google directly, so hopeful this was it.
    my mistake. and yes, they do have a help thingy, but no way to
    contact with questions.

    sara, Mar 19, 2007
  6. sara

    Ben Myers Guest

    Double-click the time in the bottom-right hand corner and make sure the
    time zone is set correctly. Also, if you are using Outlook Express, you
    can configure it to automatically check for new messages. Click "Tools",
    "Options" and in the "Send/Receive Messages" box, make sure that "Check
    for new messages..." is selected.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Mar 19, 2007
  7. sara

    Mike Easter Guest

    sara wrote:
    > Whiskers
    >> sara
    >>
    >>> the time on my new group page is incorrect,

    >> What do you mean by "my new group page"?

    > wow... i did think this was associated with google.

    As long as you went to the trouble to respond back to the replies, why
    didn't you go ahead and elucidate/clarify what you are talking about?
    Your google login gmail address does not appear in any google-only
    groups or any other usenet groups archived by google.

    What do you mean by 'my new group page'? Do you know how to make a link
    to the page in question which you are asking about?

    Go to what you are seeing that is causing you to want to know something,
    don't imagine that anyone else can read your mind or your eyes, and then
    try to figure out how to tell or show someone else what you are seeing
    and thinking. One way to do that is to copy and paste.

    You can copy and paste from your browser's addressline and you can copy
    and paste from the context of the time you are seeing.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 19, 2007
  8. sara

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-03-19, sara <> wrote:
    > On Mar 19, 10:05 am, Whiskers <> wrote:
    >> On 2007-03-19, sara <> wrote:

    snip

    > wow... i did think this was associated with google.

    Google don't make the distinction between what they provide, and what they
    exlpoit, anything like as clear as they should.

    Most of the "groups" you can find in "Google Groups" have nothing at all
    to do with Google, and do not owe their existence to Google.

    > what a bunch of
    > smart asses you are here. yikes.

    Ask a silly question ...

    People who hang out in this newsgroup (and we do so for our own reasons)
    have got pretty fed up with incomprehensible questions from people who
    think we are their ISP, or Microsoft, or Google. So we try to turn the
    annoyance into entertainment (whilst also frequently providing sensible
    help in the same breath).

    > thanks for the advice, i'll see what i can do to fix my problem. i
    > haven't found any place to contact
    > google directly, so hopeful this was it.
    > my mistake. and yes, they do have a help thingy, but no way to
    > contact with questions.

    I suppose you get what you pay for ;))

    If the FAQs and the mutual self-help Google forum don't get you the answers
    you are looking for, I'm sure Google must have a 'contact us' mechanism
    somewhere. I suppose if it was too easy to find, they'd have to dedicate
    all their resources to working out what people mean when they ask
    questions that don't make sense.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 19, 2007
  9. sara

    ian field Guest

    "sara" <> wrote in message
    > the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    > something,
    > the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    > there is no note of
    > a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    > infact new messages...?
    >
    > thanks,

    As others have said, you do not make it clear what the problem is - but this
    utility enables you to update your RTC from a national standard atomic
    clock, so at least your computer will be set to the right time

    http://tf.nist.gov/service/its.htm

    ian field, Mar 19, 2007
  10. sara

    D.Duck Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in message

    > "sara" <> wrote in message
    >> the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    >> something,
    >> the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    >> there is no note of
    >> a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    >> infact new messages...?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>

    > As others have said, you do not make it clear what the problem is - but
    > this utility enables you to update your RTC from a national standard
    > atomic clock, so at least your computer will be set to the right time
    >
    > http://tf.nist.gov/service/its.htm

    Only if the PC is set to the correct time zone.

    D.Duck, Mar 19, 2007
  11. sara

    ian field Guest

    "D.Duck" <> wrote in message

    > "ian field" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "sara" <> wrote in message
    >>> the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    >>> something,
    >>> the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    >>> there is no note of
    >>> a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    >>> infact new messages...?
    >>>
    >>> thanks,
    >>>

    >> As others have said, you do not make it clear what the problem is - but
    >> this utility enables you to update your RTC from a national standard
    >> atomic clock, so at least your computer will be set to the right time
    >>
    >> http://tf.nist.gov/service/its.htm

    > Only if the PC is set to the correct time zone.

    True - but the Nistime website includes an assortment of PDF instruction
    manuals, which should explain most aspects of setting up, and I'm assuming
    the OP isn't completely brain-dead.

    ian field, Mar 19, 2007
  12. sara

    D.Duck Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in message

    > "D.Duck" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "ian field" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "sara" <> wrote in message

    >>> As others have said, you do not make it clear what the problem is - but
    >>> this utility enables you to update your RTC from a national standard
    >>> atomic clock, so at least your computer will be set to the right time
    >>>
    >>> http://tf.nist.gov/service/its.htm

    >> Only if the PC is set to the correct time zone.
    >>

    > True - but the Nistime website includes an assortment of PDF instruction
    > manuals, which should explain most aspects of setting up, and I'm assuming
    > the OP isn't completely brain-dead.

    I'm sure you know what "assume" means. 8>)

    D.Duck, Mar 20, 2007
  13. sara

    gangle7 Guest

    "sara" wrote
    > the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    > something,
    > the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    > there is no note of
    > a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    > infact new messages...?

    i has had similur problims on my new group
    thing i sugjest you clik yur mowse all over
    the playce until something happins thers all
    kinda links and stuf hidin inside google
    that you cant find with out cliking alot e male
    relpie only thank in advanse

    gangle7, Mar 20, 2007
  14. gangle7 wrote:
    > "sara" wrote
    >
    >>the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    >>something,
    >>the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    >>there is no note of
    >>a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    >>infact new messages...?

    > i has had similur problims on my new group
    > thing i sugjest you clik yur mowse all over
    > the playce until something happins thers all
    > kinda links and stuf hidin inside google
    > that you cant find with out cliking alot e male
    > relpie only thank in advanse

    My gravity is wrong, got any suggestions?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 20, 2007
  15. sara

    gangle7 Guest

    "Rôgêr" wrote
    > gangle7 wrote:
    > > "sara" wrote
    > >
    > >>the time on my new group page is incorrect, so each time someone posts
    > >>something,
    > >>the time noted is way off.... how can we change this? also, by times,
    > >>there is no note of
    > >>a NEW message, just the number of messages and then i check to find
    > >>infact new messages...?

    > > i has had similur problims on my new group
    > > thing i sugjest you clik yur mowse all over
    > > the playce until something happins thers all
    > > kinda links and stuf hidin inside google
    > > that you cant find with out cliking alot e male
    > > relpie only thank in advanse

    > My gravity is wrong, got any suggestions?

    wen yur gravity gets two big you can get
    skwished like a insekt i use win98 and injest alot
    of vite amen c and due push upps to create a enurgie
    buble that fites the eksess gravity e male replie heer
    thank in advanse

    gangle7, Mar 20, 2007
  16. On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:16:25 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:

    > My gravity is wrong, got any suggestions?

    A very weighty question there.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Pomona, CA * 34.074630°N 117.754195°W
    knotgary at knotdonavan dot org http : // www.donavan.org

    Gary G. Taylor, Mar 21, 2007
  17. Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:16:25 -0400, Rôgêr wrote:
    >

    >>My gravity is wrong, got any suggestions?

    > A very weighty question there.

    I think he gave it a lot of grave thought in answering.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 21, 2007