Time for a touch of levity

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Feb 9, 2009.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    A farmer is walking through his fields one day and notices a dark-haired
    girl beckoning him over from the fence at the edge of the field.

    He walks over and she says to him "If I can guess how many sheep you
    have, will you give me one?". thinking that there's no chance of her
    guessing correctly, the farmer agrees.

    "Two hundred and forty-one" says the girl. The farmer is flabbergasted,
    as the girl's guess is exactly right, but being a man of his word, tells
    her to help herself and walks away, shaking his head in disbelief.

    A short time later, as the girl is driving off with her prize, the farmer
    comes running up to her car and signals to her to roll down her window,
    which she does.

    When the farmer reaches her car, he says to her "If I can guess what your
    natural hair colour is, can I have my dog back?".

    Aardvark, Feb 9, 2009

  2. Aardvark

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History Aardvark Stumbled Over To
    The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > A farmer is walking through his fields one day and notices a dark-haired
    > girl beckoning him over from the fence at the edge of the field.
    >
    > He walks over and she says to him "If I can guess how many sheep you
    > have, will you give me one?". thinking that there's no chance of her
    > guessing correctly, the farmer agrees.
    >
    > "Two hundred and forty-one" says the girl. The farmer is flabbergasted,
    > as the girl's guess is exactly right, but being a man of his word, tells
    > her to help herself and walks away, shaking his head in disbelief.
    >
    > A short time later, as the girl is driving off with her prize, the farmer
    > comes running up to her car and signals to her to roll down her window,
    > which she does.
    >
    > When the farmer reaches her car, he says to her "If I can guess what your
    > natural hair colour is, can I have my dog back?".

    That's, Natural Hair Color. <g>

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Feb 9, 2009

  3. Aardvark

    Clot Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Or About This Time And Date In History Aardvark Stumbled Over To
    > The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >> A farmer is walking through his fields one day and notices a
    >> dark-haired girl beckoning him over from the fence at the edge of
    >> the field. He walks over and she says to him "If I can guess how many
    >> sheep you
    >> have, will you give me one?". thinking that there's no chance of her
    >> guessing correctly, the farmer agrees.
    >>
    >> "Two hundred and forty-one" says the girl. The farmer is
    >> flabbergasted, as the girl's guess is exactly right, but being a man
    >> of his word, tells her to help herself and walks away, shaking his
    >> head in disbelief. A short time later, as the girl is driving off with
    >> her prize, the
    >> farmer comes running up to her car and signals to her to roll down
    >> her window, which she does.
    >>
    >> When the farmer reaches her car, he says to her "If I can guess what
    >> your natural hair colour is, can I have my dog back?".
    >>

    > That's, Natural Hair Color. <g>

    No, the farm was in Wales. ;)

    Clot, Feb 10, 2009
  4. Aardvark

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 21:29:03 GMT, Aardvark <> wrote:

    >When the farmer reaches her car, he says to her "If I can guess what your
    >natural hair colour is, can I have my dog back?".

    ....To which she replies "Red!" and belts him in the kisser.

    Shel-hed, Feb 10, 2009
  5. Aardvark

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About This Time And Date In History Clot Stumbled Over To The
    Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> On Or About This Time And Date In History Aardvark Stumbled Over To
    >> The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >>> A farmer is walking through his fields one day and notices a
    >>> dark-haired girl beckoning him over from the fence at the edge of
    >>> the field. He walks over and she says to him "If I can guess how many
    >>> sheep you
    >>> have, will you give me one?". thinking that there's no chance of her
    >>> guessing correctly, the farmer agrees.
    >>>
    >>> "Two hundred and forty-one" says the girl. The farmer is
    >>> flabbergasted, as the girl's guess is exactly right, but being a man
    >>> of his word, tells her to help herself and walks away, shaking his
    >>> head in disbelief. A short time later, as the girl is driving off with
    >>> her prize, the
    >>> farmer comes running up to her car and signals to her to roll down
    >>> her window, which she does.
    >>>
    >>> When the farmer reaches her car, he says to her "If I can guess what
    >>> your natural hair colour is, can I have my dog back?".
    >>>

    >> That's, Natural Hair Color. <g>

    > No, the farm was in Wales. ;)

    LOL

    Old Gringo, Feb 10, 2009
  6. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:10:57 -0600, Old Gringo wrote:

    > On Or About This Time And Date In History Aardvark Stumbled Over To The
    > Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
    >> A farmer is walking through his fields one day and notices a
    >> dark-haired girl beckoning him over from the fence at the edge of the
    >> field.
    >>
    >> He walks over and she says to him "If I can guess how many sheep you
    >> have, will you give me one?". thinking that there's no chance of her
    >> guessing correctly, the farmer agrees.
    >>
    >> "Two hundred and forty-one" says the girl. The farmer is flabbergasted,
    >> as the girl's guess is exactly right, but being a man of his word,
    >> tells her to help herself and walks away, shaking his head in
    >> disbelief.
    >>
    >> A short time later, as the girl is driving off with her prize, the
    >> farmer comes running up to her car and signals to her to roll down her
    >> window, which she does.
    >>
    >> When the farmer reaches her car, he says to her "If I can guess what
    >> your natural hair colour is, can I have my dog back?".
    >>

    > That's, Natural Hair Color. <g>

    :)

    Aardvark, Feb 10, 2009
  7. Aardvark

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in message

    > A farmer

    Nice one!

    Anyway... here goes - and don't fuckin' nit-pick just go with the flow...:

    I walk into a bar and sit down with me bottle of mackeson next to a table
    where four guys are drinking and chatting.

    I listened for a while, and they were talking about hard luck stories.

    After a while I turned to their table, and said, excuse me gentlemen but
    I've listened to your hard luck stories for the past ten minutes, and I
    don't believe any of you know what you're talking about or what hard luck
    really is - aghast, they said, what do you mean?

    There I was, shipwrecked, three days and three nights, no food no water
    nothing!

    I swam the ocean clinging onto the ship's mast and eventually I came on to
    land...

    .... Confronting me was this sheer cliff, it must have been three thousand
    feet high; another three days and three nights, no food no water nothing, I
    climbed that cliff, and when I got to the top of the cliff, there was an
    open panorama, I could see
    for miles, and so I walked for miles...

    .... A thousand miles later and yet another three days and three nights no
    food
    and no water, nothing, I eventually saw a light flickering in the distance,
    I walk further, and there, was a wooden hut, I knocked on the door and
    walked; In and in the middle of the room was a round table and sat at the
    table was, a_big_fat_woman, I said mother, she said son; I said mother, I
    haven't eaten or drunk for more than three days and three nights no food no
    water nothing, do you have anything that might sustain us?

    She said, my son, all I have, (and she held her hand out) is a morsel of
    flour; I said, mother, perhaps you could urinate on it and make it into
    dough so we can split it evenly between us.

    She said, Son, I too haven't eaten or drunk in a very long time and will
    find that difficult to do, but I will try.

    So, with that, she places her hand with the flour between her legs, she
    exerts herself so
    much she farts and blows it away...

    .... Gentlemen, if that isn't hard luck, what the fucking hell is?

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Feb 10, 2009
  8. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    Aardvark, Feb 10, 2009
  9. Aardvark

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in message

    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 01:16:14 -0600, Keyser Söze wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> A farmer

    >> Nice one!
    >>

    >> Anyway... here goes - and don't fuckin' nit-pick just go with the
    >> flow...:
    >>
    >> I walk into a bar and sit down with me bottle of mackeson next to a
    >> table where four guys are drinking and chatting.
    >>
    >> I listened for a while, and they were talking about hard luck
    >> stories.
    >>
    >> After a while I turned to their table, and said, excuse me gentlemen
    >> but I've listened to your hard luck stories for the past ten
    >> minutes, and I don't believe any of you know what you're talking
    >> about or what hard luck really is - aghast, they said, what do you
    >> mean?
    >>
    >> There I was, shipwrecked, three days and three nights, no food no
    >> water nothing!
    >>
    >> I swam the ocean clinging onto the ship's mast and eventually I came
    >> on to land...
    >>
    >> ... Confronting me was this sheer cliff, it must have been three
    >> thousand feet high; another three days and three nights, no food no
    >> water nothing, I climbed that cliff, and when I got to the top of the
    >> cliff, there was an open panorama, I could see
    >> for miles, and so I walked for miles...
    >>
    >> ... A thousand miles later and yet another three days and three
    >> nights no food
    >> and no water, nothing, I eventually saw a light flickering in the
    >> distance, I walk further, and there, was a wooden hut, I knocked on
    >> the door and walked; In and in the middle of the room was a round
    >> table and sat at the table was, a_big_fat_woman, I said mother, she
    >> said son; I said mother, I haven't eaten or drunk for more than
    >> three days and three nights no food no water nothing, do you have
    >> anything that might sustain us?
    >>
    >> She said, my son, all I have, (and she held her hand out) is a
    >> morsel of flour; I said, mother, perhaps you could urinate on it and
    >> make it into dough so we can split it evenly between us.
    >>
    >> She said, Son, I too haven't eaten or drunk in a very long time and
    >> will find that difficult to do, but I will try.
    >>
    >> So, with that, she places her hand with the flour between her legs,
    >> she exerts herself so
    >> much she farts and blows it away...
    >>
    >> ... Gentlemen, if that isn't hard luck, what the fucking hell is?

    > :)

    I've told you that one before haven't I? I can tell. ;-) naturally most
    jokes are much better delivered one on one, so to speak, and with animation
    thrown in.

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Feb 10, 2009
  10. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:34:23 +1000, Keyser Söze wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote in message
    >
    >> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 01:16:14 -0600, Keyser Söze wrote:
    >>
    >>> Aardvark <> wrote in message

    >>> Nice one!
    >>>

    >>> Anyway... here goes - and don't fuckin' nit-pick just go with the
    >>> flow...:
    >>>
    >>> I walk into a bar and sit down with me bottle of mackeson next to a
    >>> table where four guys are drinking and chatting.
    >>>
    >>> I listened for a while, and they were talking about hard luck stories.
    >>>
    >>> After a while I turned to their table, and said, excuse me gentlemen
    >>> but I've listened to your hard luck stories for the past ten minutes,
    >>> and I don't believe any of you know what you're talking about or what
    >>> hard luck really is - aghast, they said, what do you mean?
    >>>
    >>> There I was, shipwrecked, three days and three nights, no food no
    >>> water nothing!
    >>>
    >>> I swam the ocean clinging onto the ship's mast and eventually I came
    >>> on to land...
    >>>
    >>> ... Confronting me was this sheer cliff, it must have been three
    >>> thousand feet high; another three days and three nights, no food no
    >>> water nothing, I climbed that cliff, and when I got to the top of the
    >>> cliff, there was an open panorama, I could see for miles, and so I
    >>> walked for miles...
    >>>
    >>> ... A thousand miles later and yet another three days and three nights
    >>> no food
    >>> and no water, nothing, I eventually saw a light flickering in the
    >>> distance, I walk further, and there, was a wooden hut, I knocked on
    >>> the door and walked; In and in the middle of the room was a round
    >>> table and sat at the table was, a_big_fat_woman, I said mother, she
    >>> said son; I said mother, I haven't eaten or drunk for more than three
    >>> days and three nights no food no water nothing, do you have anything
    >>> that might sustain us?
    >>>
    >>> She said, my son, all I have, (and she held her hand out) is a morsel
    >>> of flour; I said, mother, perhaps you could urinate on it and make it
    >>> into dough so we can split it evenly between us.
    >>>
    >>> She said, Son, I too haven't eaten or drunk in a very long time and
    >>> will find that difficult to do, but I will try.
    >>>
    >>> So, with that, she places her hand with the flour between her legs,
    >>> she exerts herself so
    >>> much she farts and blows it away...
    >>>
    >>> ... Gentlemen, if that isn't hard luck, what the fucking hell is?

    >> :)

    > I've told you that one before haven't I? I can tell. ;-) naturally most
    > jokes are much better delivered one on one, so to speak, and with
    > animation thrown in.

    Hell, without my arms, impeccable timing and facial expressions I'd be
    almost completely dumb :)

    You may have told it before, but not in my presence. Nor have I come
    across it before.

    Aardvark, Feb 10, 2009
  11. Aardvark

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote in message

    > On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:34:23 +1000, Keyser Söze wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark <> wrote in message

    >>> :)

    >> I've told you that one before haven't I? I can tell. ;-) naturally
    >> most jokes are much better delivered one on one, so to speak, and
    >> with animation thrown in.

    > Hell, without my arms, impeccable timing and facial expressions I'd be
    > almost completely dumb :)

    LOL

    That's what I say of the Iti's - tie 'em up and they'd go dumb - Indeed -
    Top man!

    > You may have told it before, but not in my presence. Nor have I come
    > across it before.

    <nods>

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Feb 10, 2009
  12. Aardvark

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Keyser Söze <> wrote in message

    > Aardvark <> wrote in message
    >
    >> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 23:34:23 +1000, Keyser Söze wrote:
    >>
    >>> Aardvark <> wrote in message

    >>> I've told you that one before haven't I? I can tell. ;-) naturally
    >>> most jokes are much better delivered one on one, so to speak, and
    >>> with animation thrown in.

    >> Hell, without my arms, impeccable timing and facial expressions I'd
    >> be almost completely dumb :)

    > LOL
    >
    > That's what I say of the Iti's - tie 'em up and they'd go dumb -
    > Indeed - Top man!
    >
    >> You may have told it before, but not in my presence. Nor have I come
    >> across it before.

    > <nods>

    'tets'

    --
    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Feb 20, 2009