Time /Clock Settings.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PAUL ATKINS, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. PAUL ATKINS

    PAUL ATKINS Guest

    Hi , I was wondering if anybody can shed some light on this problem ??

    Recently I was forced off my ISp provider BT Internet into BT/Yahoo and have
    had rucks of problems with virtually no answers.One the CANNOT fathom so
    they stopped getting back to me is ....when an e-mail arrives it goes onto
    my web server e-mail address because I still prefer Outlook Express it then
    downloads onto this program. Fine I hear you say (except for the anti
    Outlook Express lobby) HOWEVER the time is way out . e.g. if the e-mail
    reads say 11:42 hrs on the web e-mail by the time gets to OE it has lost
    about 5 hrs. When I send an e-mail it can be about 5hrs behind actual GMT...

    My Computer clock is Ok and is correct for GMT.

    Can anybody help ??

    Thanks

    Christa

    --
    This e-mail has been virus checked.
    PAUL ATKINS, Feb 1, 2004

  2. PAUL ATKINS

    ICee Guest

    PAUL ATKINS wrote:
    > Hi , I was wondering if anybody can shed some light on this problem ??
    >
    > Recently I was forced off my ISp provider BT Internet into BT/Yahoo
    > and have had rucks of problems with virtually no answers.One the
    > CANNOT fathom so they stopped getting back to me is ....when an
    > e-mail arrives it goes onto my web server e-mail address because I
    > still prefer Outlook Express it then downloads onto this program.
    > Fine I hear you say (except for the anti Outlook Express lobby)
    > HOWEVER the time is way out . e.g. if the e-mail reads say 11:42 hrs
    > on the web e-mail by the time gets to OE it has lost about 5 hrs.
    > When I send an e-mail it can be about 5hrs behind actual GMT...
    >
    > My Computer clock is Ok and is correct for GMT.
    >
    > Can anybody help ??
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Christa

    Double click on the clock in the system tray and check the Time Zone
    setting. Set it to wherever you are in the world.

    --
    "God's Final Message to His Creation:
    'We apologize for the inconvenience.'"
    ICee, Feb 1, 2004

  3. PAUL ATKINS

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't know how BT/Yahoo works, but Yahoo is based
    in the USA, so maybe that's where the -5 hours is
    coming into play -- one of Yahoo's main addresses
    is in Chicago (GMT -5).

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 00:33:18 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bvhhge$pi2$>
    PAUL ATKINS scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 1, 2004
  4. PAUL ATKINS

    PAUL Guest

    Thanks Guys that worked a treat it was set at Eastern time ! one other
    Question why did my PC clock show the right time though ?.

    signed

    "thick of UK "

    PAUL, Feb 1, 2004
  5. PAUL ATKINS

    Me Guest

    It was showing the correct local time for your PC.
    <snip>

    Me, Feb 1, 2004
  6. PAUL ATKINS

    °Mike° Guest

    Because your PC clock is set to the correct Time Zone.

    On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 10:16:40 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bvijm7$csd$>
    PAUL scrawled:

    >Thanks Guys that worked a treat it was set at Eastern time ! one other
    >Question why did my PC clock show the right time though ?.
    >
    >signed
    >
    >"thick of UK "
    >

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> I don't know how BT/Yahoo works, but Yahoo is based
    >> in the USA, so maybe that's where the -5 hours is
    >> coming into play -- one of Yahoo's main addresses
    >> is in Chicago (GMT -5).

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance