    ===========================
    (Think the humidity's bad? You should watch us vote!)
    , Feb 12, 2004

  2. REED BOXIN Guest

    i bought (over 11/2 year period ) 2 toshiba laptops, 2 canon printers, got good
    deals on canon photo paper pro paper and inks , and 2 17 in flat screen
    monitors .
    i got great prices and didn't have any problems , unlike some who had some
    complaints i was happy with them and would definetly buy from them again .
    that's been my experience with them , keep in mind (i will also ) i didn't have
    to go thru any service problems as others had .
    gene

    REED BOXIN, Feb 12, 2004

  3. REED BOXIN wrote:
    > i bought (over 11/2 year period ) 2 toshiba laptops, 2 canon
    > printers, got good deals on canon photo paper pro paper and inks ,
    > and 2 17 in flat screen monitors .
    > i got great prices and didn't have any problems , unlike some who had
    > some complaints i was happy with them and would definetly buy from
    > them again . that's been my experience with them , keep in mind (i
    > will also ) i didn't have to go thru any service problems as others
    > had .
    > gene
    >
    >> Many thanks to all those who responded.
    >>
    >> Thera sure are some horror stories out there!
    >>
    >> -- DaveinFLL
    >> ===========================

    I have also bought a couple of things from them over the years, but
    nothing expensive and not enough to really tell much about them.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
    Joseph Meehan, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Bruce Watson Guest

    Have bought printers, computer accssories and ink jet and paper supplies
    through their Canadian online site with no problems.

    Very fast shipping, usually free with orders over $100.

    I would buy from them again without hestitation.

    Bruce

    Bruce Watson, Feb 12, 2004
  5. bmoag Guest

    I have bought and returned items many times to Tiger without problems
    bmoag, Feb 12, 2004
  6. Mikey S. Guest

    Tiger is odd, some people seem to have nothing but trouble with them, others
    report perfect success. I have bought 2 or 3 things from them with no
    problems, but I never had any need for customer service intervention, so
    that might be the difference and where they are lacking.

    --

    Mikey S.
    http://www.mike721.com

    Mikey S., Feb 13, 2004
  7. Jeremy Guest

    "Mikey S." <> wrote in message

    >I never had any need for customer service intervention, so that might be

    the difference and where they are lacking.

    Not in my case. The telephone sales reps scammed me as I was placing the
    orders--once when they took my credit card info and transferred it to an
    out-of-state magazine subscription company and again when they took the
    money out of my wife's credit card account before disclosing to her that the
    item was not in stock and would not be available for at least 3 weeks. No
    reputable company charges your credit card until they are ready to ship the
    item, unless you are placing a custom order for an item that is not normally
    kept in stock.

    Tiger Direct has always advertised the message that they were a huge
    company, with toms of items for sale, and that they sold items for less
    because of theur huge buying power. That is what fooled me--I just did not
    suspect that a big company would stoop to tactics like that.

    I realize that many people have had no problems with them, but it is
    important to understand that, with Tiger Direct, there is an alement of risk
    when dealing with them. Maybe everything will be OK, but than again, maybe
    you'll regret the day you ever placed an order with them.

    My two experiences with them were obviously caused, not by mistakes, but by
    their company policy. I am so bitter over what they did to me, that I would
    NEVER give them another penny's worth of my business, and I am pleased to be
    able to share my story with others, in the hope that they will decline to do
    business with that company too.

    CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!
    Jeremy, Feb 13, 2004
  8. Robert Guest

    It seems you are blowing smoke up you ass.

    I have ordered many things.

    I have cancelled orders after placing it on the web site. They gave me
    no static or grievance for cancelling the order at 3am.

    They were fast always in shipping my stuff.

    Their web site is excellent and you have to be a moron not to be able
    to use it to your advantage.

    I summary, Tiger Direct has been a reliable merchant with excellent
    service.

    Robert, Feb 14, 2004
  9. Clyde Guest

    Mikey S. wrote:

    > Tiger is odd, some people seem to have nothing but trouble with them, others
    > report perfect success. I have bought 2 or 3 things from them with no
    > problems, but I never had any need for customer service intervention, so
    > that might be the difference and where they are lacking.

    Well, that seems to be the way with everything. I've read reviews for
    years and there is always someone who has had a problem with every
    company. I think newsgroups are not a good way to get statistics on the
    customer service of any company.

    A good example is B&H Photo & Video. They generally have a stellar
    reputation. Every now and then you read a story that doesn't sound at
    all like them. If you just read those, you would never buy from B&H.

    I've had no problem with TigerDirect either. Some here obviously have.
    For all I know these few that we have heard from may be the only ones
    who have had trouble. (OK, not likely.) But what the real statistics
    are, I don't know. I suppose we wouldn't know until we got pretty far
    into the company. Then we would have to do the same for all it's
    competitors.

    OK, there is probably company collecting some industry stats, but I
    don't know where. We would probably have to pay to get that data. <sigh>

    Clyde
    Clyde, Feb 14, 2004