TIFF plug-in?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by William W. Plummer, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.
    William W. Plummer, Jan 31, 2005

  2. William W. Plummer wrote:
    > Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    > preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.

    Have you tried good old MSPaint ? It has an option to open all picture
    files.

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    graeme@invalid, Feb 1, 2005

  3. William W. Plummer

    Ed Mullen Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    > preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.

    http://www.irfanview.com/ is not a plug-in but an external graphics
    utility freeware program that can display TIFF files. If you assign it
    as the Windows default application for that file type that should work.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 1, 2005
  4. William W. Plummer

    Moz Champion Guest

    Moz Champion, Feb 1, 2005
  5. *** William W. Plummer escribió/wrote (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:10:57 -0500):
    > Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    > preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.

    Plugins depend on browser and operating system. Under Windows you have
    AlternaTIFF:

    http://www.alternatiff.com/

    --
    -+ Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
    +- http://www.demogracia.com (la web de humor barnizada para la intemperie)
    Alvaro G. Vicario, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    >> preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.

    > http://www.irfanview.com/ is not a plug-in but an external graphics
    > utility freeware program that can display TIFF files. If you assign it
    > as the Windows default application for that file type that should work.

    I use IrfanView, but it is not a plug in. Great program though and I
    even sent Irfan some $$$$ for his efforts.
    William W. Plummer, Feb 1, 2005
  7. Moz Champion wrote:

    > William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    >> preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.

    > QuickTime plug in handles tiff images

    Thanks. I have QuickTime installed as a program. Can you tell me how
    to merge it into Mozilla as a plug-in?
    William W. Plummer, Feb 1, 2005
  8. Alvaro G. Vicario wrote:

    > *** William W. Plummer escribió/wrote (Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:10:57 -0500):
    >
    >>Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    >>preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.

    > Plugins depend on browser and operating system. Under Windows you have
    > AlternaTIFF:
    >
    > http://www.alternatiff.com/

    Good suggestion. I tried to install it yesterday, but it didn't work.
    The instructions told me to go read the FAQ, but I figured I could
    find a program that installs easily. In fact I did, but then it
    started telling me that I would have to pay after 60 days.
    William W. Plummer, Feb 1, 2005
  9. William W. Plummer

    Ed Mullen Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> William W. Plummer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    >>> preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.

    >> http://www.irfanview.com/ is not a plug-in but an external graphics
    >> utility freeware program that can display TIFF files. If you assign
    >> it as the Windows default application for that file type that should
    >> work.
    >>

    > I use IrfanView, but it is not a plug in. Great program though and I
    > even sent Irfan some $$$$ for his efforts.

    Hello? I said it "... is not a plug-in ..."

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 1, 2005
  10. William W. Plummer

    Moz Champion Guest

    William W. Plummer wrote:

    > Moz Champion wrote:
    >
    >> William W. Plummer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can someone recommend a plug-in to display .tiff files? Freeware is
    >>> preferred even if it means putting up with a few ads.

    >> QuickTime plug in handles tiff images
    >>

    > Thanks. I have QuickTime installed as a program. Can you tell me how
    > to merge it into Mozilla as a plug-in?

    See
    http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/

    QT in most OS's is self installing