    However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a deluge of
    vomit splattering on the floor.
    Eddie
    Edward Holub, Sep 16, 2004

  2. "Edward Holub" <@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
    news:X862d.2925$...
    > Hey folks,
    > I've always thought that THX 1138 contained the best vomiting scene in
    > screen history.
    > The usual approach was to have the actor fill his/her mouth with

    oatmeal
    > and let loose.
    > However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a deluge of
    > vomit splattering on the floor.
    > Eddie

    I agree. Damn, that Walter Murch is clever.
    Seminal Johnson, Sep 16, 2004

  3. Edward Holub

    3W Guest

    "Seminal Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > "Edward Holub" <@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > Hey folks,
    > > I've always thought that THX 1138 contained the best vomiting scene

    in
    > > screen history.
    > > The usual approach was to have the actor fill his/her mouth with

    > oatmeal
    > > and let loose.
    > > However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a deluge of
    > > vomit splattering on the floor.
    > > Eddie

    > I agree. Damn, that Walter Murch is clever.

    I always thought that title went to Meaning of Life.
    3W, Sep 17, 2004
  4. Edward Holub

    Shinner Guest

    "3W" <> wrote in

    > "Seminal Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >> "Edward Holub" <@sw.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hey folks,
    >> > I've always thought that THX 1138 contained the best vomiting
    >> > scene

    > in
    >> > screen history.
    >> > The usual approach was to have the actor fill his/her mouth
    >> > with

    >> oatmeal
    >> > and let loose.
    >> > However, with a clever use of sound alone our minds sees a
    >> > deluge of
    >> > vomit splattering on the floor.
    >> > Eddie

    >> I agree. Damn, that Walter Murch is clever.

    > I always thought that title went to Meaning of Life.

    Yep...hard to beat Mr. Creosote.
    Shinner, Sep 17, 2004
  5. Edward Holub

    Edward Holub Guest

    Perhaps I should have said "realistic"

    Edward Holub, Sep 18, 2004
  6. "Shinner" <> wrote in message
    > "3W" <> wrote in
    >
    > > "Seminal Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > >> "Edward Holub" <@sw.rr.com> wrote in message

    > > in
    > >> oatmeal
    > >>
    > >> I agree. Damn, that Walter Murch is clever.

    > > I always thought that title went to Meaning of Life.

    > Yep...hard to beat Mr. Creosote.

    Perhaps in terms of volume but not conveying for the audience the qualities
    of real vomit.
    I would nominate four films in separete catagories for the ultimate award of
    Best Motion Picture Vomit Scene.
    And the nominees are:

    Best Comedy Vomit Scene - Monty Python's Meaning of Life
    Best Horror Vomit Scene - The Exorcist
    Best Dramatic Vomit Scene - Barry Lyndon
    Best Realistic Vomit Scene - THX 1138

    Any other nominees before we vote?
    Seminal Johnson, Sep 18, 2004
  7. On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Seminal Johnson wrote:
    > "Shinner" <> wrote:

    > > > I always thought that title went to Meaning of Life.

    > > Yep...hard to beat Mr. Creosote.

    > Perhaps in terms of volume but not conveying for the audience the qualities
    > of real vomit.
    > I would nominate four films in separete catagories for the ultimate award of
    > Best Motion Picture Vomit Scene.
    > And the nominees are:
    >
    > Best Comedy Vomit Scene - Monty Python's Meaning of Life
    > Best Horror Vomit Scene - The Exorcist
    > Best Dramatic Vomit Scene - Barry Lyndon
    > Best Realistic Vomit Scene - THX 1138
    >
    > Any other nominees before we vote?

    A Lifetime Acheivement Award for John Waters, who seems to include at
    least one vomit scene in every film he's done.

    swac
    The eating contest scene from Stand By Me has to fit in somewhere...
    Stephen Cooke, Sep 19, 2004
  8. Edward Holub

    Doc Shock Guest

    > swac
    > The eating contest scene from Stand By Me has to fit in somewhere...

    "... complete and total barf-o-rama..."
    Doc Shock, Sep 19, 2004