Thurday Fun [OT]

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by JaR, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. JaR

    JaR Guest

    JaR, Feb 19, 2004

  2. This game is no fun at all. I mean the FBI agents sent in
    to forcibly remove Bush from office are horrible shots.
    Plus they arrived too late, by the time they got there he
    already pushed the "Scorched Earth" red button. Any fight
    beyond that seems futile to me... :)

    Chris Lukowski, Feb 20, 2004

  3. JaR

    kpg Guest

    I love it.

    You won't get that kind of leadership with a democrat in office.

    kpg, Feb 20, 2004
  4. Well, if you define "leadership" be being an arrogant
    assh*le with a superiority complex, then count me out.
    Bush's attitude has basically been "F*ck the poor, f*ck
    the seniors, f*ck the economy (except the stock market),
    f*ck the gays, f*ck the non-Christians, f*ck
    the "international community", hell f*ck the world, and
    if you don't agree with me then f*ck you too, you
    unAmerican unpatriotic coward. God bless America."

    Bush, to me, seems only out to look after his won
    interests, Dick Cheney's interests, and the interests of
    the corporations who contribute generously to the GOP. He
    may have Microsoft's blessing because he'll stand by and
    do nothing leaving ANY corporation to run rampant without
    constraint (not to mention not taxing the CEO's churning
    out millions a year for themselves), but if you think he
    really cares about us IT folks busting our asses off
    looking for work, or those lucky IT guys who have jobs
    but fear that their company might move their jobs to
    India or China and send them packing, then you've got
    another thing coming.

    Chris Lukowski, Feb 20, 2004
  5. JaR

    billyw Guest

    i think that basically sums up the general perception of bush outside the
    US.

    billyw, Feb 20, 2004
  6. JaR

    Jtyc Guest

    I don't think I'm ever going to understand why people hate him so much. I
    don't agree with him on a lot of stuff but I don't hate the man. He's just
    a putz politician just like every other politician. He's making moves that
    he think will get him re-elected. I don't understand how that makes him any
    different than any other useless politician.

    And the economy is rolling along nicely.

    Jtyc, Feb 20, 2004

  7. >i think that basically sums up the general perception of

    bush outside the
    >US.

    I would imagine so, and that's because the media and the
    people in outside countries actually pay attention to
    what's going on. Inside our borders, most citizens are
    completely apathetic to the goings on in politics. When
    Bush got some headlines after he signed the "Clear Skies
    Initiative", most people actually thought he was doing
    something to help the environment. In reality, the bill
    is chock full of porkfat to manufacturers and developers,
    not to mention a drastic reduction in standards companies
    must comply with. He even claims that pollution is on the
    decline because he takes a major pollutant, carbon
    dioxide, and wipes it from the statistics because he
    thinks global warming is a sham, despite the hordes of
    scientists telling him otherwise.

    Of course, only a select few know about this, and it sure
    doesn't get any media coverage here. That's the
    difference between America and most other first world
    countries. Citizens in this country don't know what goes
    on and don't WANT to know what goes on, they couldn't be
    bothered. Even after 9/11, a rush to a unilateral pre-
    emptive war on false pretenses, a breakaway from the
    world community, and the fiaso that happened last time we
    had an election, people still don't give a sh*t. They're
    MUCH more interested in the doings of the Jackson family.
    Sad, really.

    Chris Lukowski, Feb 20, 2004
  8. JaR

    Jtyc Guest

    > dioxide, and wipes it from the statistics because he
    > thinks global warming is a sham, despite the hordes of
    > scientists telling him otherwise.

    Global warming is a sham. I suggest you check with scientists that actually
    are involved with the subject.

    > bothered. Even after 9/11, a rush to a unilateral pre-
    > emptive war on false pretenses, a breakaway from the
    > world community

    There was more than one country that invaded Iraq. There was more than one
    country that thought Iraq had NBC weapons.

    So what do you use as a definition of unilateral?

    Jtyc, Feb 20, 2004
  9. Well, here's my take on things if it helps. I think a lot
    of it has to do with the fact he's so smugly two faced
    about it. It's one thing if you have a politician who is
    an ass and makes no fronts about it, but it's another
    when you have one like Bush who works so hard at
    deceiving people into thinking he's a saint and that he's
    looking out for "family values". Somebody who refuses to
    recognize that 3,000,000 jobs have been lost under his
    watch and more are being outsourced outside the country,
    yet says the economy is fine because the stock market is
    doing ok. Not to mention that a big majority of the jobs
    coming back into the market are people who settled for
    jobs paying considerably less than they were making
    before they were laid off. Somebody who pushes "Clean
    Skies Initiatives" and "Prescription drug benefits"
    and "Energy bills" that are little more than the gutting
    of environmental standards,and the screwing of seniors
    and citizens in general while stuffing pork fat into
    drug, insurance, and oil companies. In short, it's not
    that he's incompetent, he's a smirk faced liar. He KNOWS
    exactly what he's doing, and he won't let anything or
    anybody get in his way.

    There's also the frustration that people who are not
    paying attention are buying it hook, line, and sinker.
    The fact that Bush can get away with these things while
    many of his supporters have NO idea what he's really
    doing. All that can drive somebody to hate a president,
    no doubt about it.

    Chris Lukowski, Feb 20, 2004
  10. JaR

    kat Guest

    I agree with you. I mean, Clinton was having an affair (among other
    things) with an intern, lied to everyone, and did so many numerous
    mistakes (which yes, he was made fun of for) but no one Hated him like Bush.

    And while I don't particularly agree with everything he says, I DO think
    he's doing a "pretty" good job. Not that I'm all political, and looking
    at every decision he's made :) I'm sure I'd be suprised. But still.
    You're right, he's no better or no worse than any other politician.

    --
    Kat MCNGP Wanna be

    /* Saying your OS is the best in the world 'cause more people use it is
    like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world. */

    kat, Feb 20, 2004
  11. JaR

    kat Guest

    Again, I agree. I'd hate for Canada to become so opressed that women
    were treated like sh*t and people murdered needlessly because of a
    tyrant president/whatever, and have no one do anything. And while I
    don't agree with Bush's reason for war (mo WMD), I think in the end it
    will be for the best. Hopefully now women and other minorities will be
    able to get an education and have more possibilities. I had to write an
    essay on the treatment of women in Afghanistan a couple years ago, and
    it was atrocious. No one ehars about it, and no one cares. But that's
    slightly off topic :)

    kat, Feb 20, 2004
  12. JaR

    Jtyc Guest

    > of it has to do with the fact he's so smugly two faced
    > about it.

    You described the majority of politicians. And lawyers for that matter..
    (dirty fuggin bastards scumbag miserable f*cktard dickweeds...)

    > Somebody who refuses to
    > recognize that 3,000,000 jobs have been lost under his

    A good chunck of that came because of the bubble burst which happend before
    he was in office. The economic downturn started before he came to office.
    He had nothing to do with it.

    > yet says the economy is fine because the stock market is
    > doing ok.

    Economy is doing fine and it's not the stock market. Personal spending has
    driven the economy during it's downturn. And you if read the quarterly
    reports from companies, they are starting to do better. Again, jobs are the
    last thing to recover in the economy.

    > "Prescription drug benefits"

    That was crap and it wasn't just the president. It needed to be passed by
    the tards in congress first.

    Jtyc, Feb 20, 2004
  13. JaR

    billyw Guest

    i do think that many in the US dont care about happenings outside their
    borders and as such they can be labeled as ignorant. but i dont think the
    stereotype holds true for all.
    as for the war i'm more than in agreement with it. maybe not for the same
    reasons as everyone else but i still agree with it.

    but as for bush.. i think he is a complete arse. he has no concept of real
    politic he is basically the village idiot got big. put in power by his
    crooked brother

    billyw, Feb 20, 2004
  14. There is only two possibilities here:

    1) Everything you say is true, and millions of people can be duped by the
    man who is under the largest media microscope in the world.

    2) Everything you say are issues you have blown completely out of proportion
    to the truth, and millions of people don't agree with you extremist view of
    him.

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601

    Politician Spock, Feb 20, 2004
  15. JaR

    billyw Guest

    so sayeth genghis

    billyw, Feb 20, 2004
  16. Genghis could even see through a load of BS.

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601

    Politician Spock, Feb 20, 2004