Thunderird: background images in stationery

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Chuck, Nov 1, 2006.

  1. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Chuck, Nov 1, 2006

  2. Chuck

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > When someone sends me an email created with Outlook that uses stationery
    > with a background image, the background image does not display in
    > Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. Instead it shows up as an attachment. How do I get
    > it to display automatically in the background?

    Are you viewing messages as plain text?

    Try clicking View > Message Body As > Original HTML

    Danny Colyer, Nov 1, 2006

  3. Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Chuck wrote:
    >> When someone sends me an email created with Outlook that uses stationery
    >> with a background image, the background image does not display in
    >> Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. Instead it shows up as an attachment. How do I get
    >> it to display automatically in the background?

    > Are you viewing messages as plain text?
    >
    > Try clicking View > Message Body As > Original HTML

    Also View>>Attachments

    Check Display Attachments inline.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 1, 2006
  4. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Chuck wrote:
    >> When someone sends me an email created with Outlook that uses stationery
    >> with a background image, the background image does not display in
    >> Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. Instead it shows up as an attachment. How do I get
    >> it to display automatically in the background?

    > Are you viewing messages as plain text?

    No

    > Try clicking View > Message Body As > Original HTML

    It was already set. With your permission I'll send such an email to you
    and maybe you can see what's happening.

    Chuck, Nov 2, 2006
  5. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Danny Colyer wrote:
    >> Chuck wrote:
    >>> When someone sends me an email created with Outlook that uses stationery
    >>> with a background image, the background image does not display in
    >>> Thunderbird 1.5.0.7. Instead it shows up as an attachment. How do I get
    >>> it to display automatically in the background?

    >> Are you viewing messages as plain text?
    >>
    >> Try clicking View > Message Body As > Original HTML
    >>

    > Also View>>Attachments
    >
    > Check Display Attachments inline.
    >
    > Lee

    It's already set that way, but the background images are not showing.

    Chuck, Nov 2, 2006
  6. Chuck

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > It was already set. With your permission I'll send such an email to you
    > and maybe you can see what's happening.

    I don't mind taking a look. Send it to d at colyer dot plus dot com.

    Before doing that, though, do you get an attachment called winmail.dat?
    If so, you will only ever be able to view the image using Outlook, OE
    or software written specifically for decoding it[1]. Google for Outlook
    RTF attachments for lots more information.

    [1] e.g. http://www.biblet.freeserve.co.uk/

    Danny Colyer, Nov 2, 2006
  7. Chuck

    Chuck Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Chuck wrote:
    >> It was already set. With your permission I'll send such an email to you
    >> and maybe you can see what's happening.

    > I don't mind taking a look. Send it to d at colyer dot plus dot com.
    >
    > Before doing that, though, do you get an attachment called winmail.dat?
    > If so, you will only ever be able to view the image using Outlook, OE
    > or software written specifically for decoding it[1]. Google for Outlook
    > RTF attachments for lots more information.
    >
    > [1] e.g. http://www.biblet.freeserve.co.uk/

    Nope. No winmail.dat attachment. I'll email you a sample with my
    stationery. I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Outlook problem though
    because I've sent stuff to a couple of my webbased trashmail accounts
    and the stationery doesn't display there correctly either. It only seems
    to display correctly in Outlook (not outlook express).

    Chuck, Nov 3, 2006
  8. Chuck

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Chuck wrote:
    > Nope. No winmail.dat attachment. I'll email you a sample with my
    > stationery. I'm beginning to wonder if it's an Outlook problem though
    > because I've sent stuff to a couple of my webbased trashmail accounts
    > and the stationery doesn't display there correctly either. It only seems
    > to display correctly in Outlook (not outlook express).

    I suspect it may well be an Outlook feature (Outlook stationery being
    readable only with Outlook). I haven't found a way to display the
    background in TB, anyway.

    Danny Colyer, Nov 4, 2006