    Martin
    "Photographs From the Universe of Amateur Astronomy"
    http://home.earthlink.net/~martinhowell

    Martin R. Howell, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Martin R. Howell

    Old Gringo Guest

    Martin R. Howell wrote:

    > Is there any way to remove the self-promoting/information message which
    > appears in the article pane at the startup of this fine program?
    >
    > I am referring here to the soft blue print that lists some of the features
    > of the program and has the thunderbird logo on the right.
    >
    > I sure would like a plain white space instead.

    Tools, Options, General: just a little past 1/2 way down is your answer.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Martin R. Howell

    °Mike° Guest

    Tools / Options / General.
    In 'Mail Start Page', uncheck 'When mail launches, show
    the Start Page' in the message area'.

    You can also edit it, or create your own, and point the
    program to it.

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:44:52 GMT, in
    <9zbb7fhh3bp0.1prcy12z6t4ss$>
    Martin R. Howell scrawled:

    >Is there any way to remove the self-promoting/information message which
    >appears in the article pane at the startup of this fine program?
    >
    >I am referring here to the soft blue print that lists some of the features
    >of the program and has the thunderbird logo on the right.
    >
    >I sure would like a plain white space instead.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 28, 2004
  4. °Mike°, <>, the fogged, sunless inchworm, and faucets
    maker, issued forth:

    --
    You flailing, slippery, snobbish gnat.

    Minhal ibn Adami Wasiti, Sep 28, 2004
  5. Martin R. Howell

    Parko Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:44:52 +0000, Martin R. Howell wrote:

    > Is there any way to remove the self-promoting/information message which
    > appears in the article pane at the startup of this fine program?
    >
    > I am referring here to the soft blue print that lists some of the features
    > of the program and has the thunderbird logo on the right.
    >
    > I sure would like a plain white space instead.

    About: blank.

    --
    Parko
    Registered Linux User #339345