    I have no trouble in getting add-ons for Firefox.
    Can someone please help ?

    Mike

    Mike, Jun 30, 2007

  2. Mike

    Jim S Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:43:20 +1000, Mike wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I have tried repeatly to install add-ons into TB within the TB site.I
    > download the extention or theme and when I try to install...'not
    > compatiable with Firefox'. I can't even get a dictionary.
    > I have no trouble in getting add-ons for Firefox.
    > Can someone please help ?
    >
    > Mike

    You do know you have to 'save link as' then open Tools/add-ons and point
    'install' to wherever you saved it?
    --
    Jim S
    Tyneside UK

    Jim S, Jun 30, 2007

  3. Mike

    Miller Guest

    *Jim S* wrote on 30.06.07 15:31:
    > On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:43:20 +1000, Mike wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I have tried repeatly to install add-ons into TB within the TB site.I
    >> download the extention or theme and when I try to install...'not
    >> compatiable with Firefox'. I can't even get a dictionary.
    >> I have no trouble in getting add-ons for Firefox.
    >> Can someone please help ?
    >>
    >> Mike

    > You do know you have to 'save link as' then open Tools/add-ons and point
    > 'install' to wherever you saved it?

    Or just drag&drop the add-on link from Firefox into the open
    Tunderbird-window.

    HTH, Miller

    Miller, Jun 30, 2007
  4. Mike

    Guest

    On Jun 30, 2:43 am, Mike <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have tried repeatly to install add-ons into TB within the TB site.I
    > download the extention or theme and when I try to install...'not
    > compatiable with Firefox'. I can't even get a dictionary.
    > I have no trouble in getting add-ons for Firefox.
    > Can someone please help ?
    >
    > Mike

    of course it doesn't work for Firefox. You're trying to install the
    extension into FF. You have to save the extension to your hard drive,
    then use TB to open it that way. Right click on the link and select
    Save Target As

    , Jun 30, 2007
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Mike wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have tried repeatably to install add-ons into TB within the TB site.I
    > download the extension or theme and when I try to install...'not
    > compatible with Firefox'. I can't even get a dictionary.
    > I have no trouble in getting add-ons for Firefox.
    > Can someone please help ?
    >
    > Mike

    Many thanks guys.....I now have a dictionary !!

    Mike

    Mike, Jul 1, 2007