    avalanche Guest

    I have Firefox. Is Thunderbird any better than other mail? Or news
    readers if it does that...I forget.
    avalanche, Nov 9, 2004

  2. avalanche

    Wald Guest

    avalanche <> wrote:

    > I have Firefox. Is Thunderbird any better than other mail? Or news
    > readers if it does that...I forget.

    I guess you'd better try it for yourself. For me personally, it does
    everything I need in an email client, aside from some quirks that still
    need to be ironed out. But that's me...

    Regards,
    Wald
    Wald, Nov 9, 2004

  3. avalanche

    Jim Scott Guest

    In article <Xns959C56E48BE5Farnoutstandaertnospa@134.58.127.12>,
    arnout.standaert@n-o_s-p-a-m.cit.kuleuven.ac.be says...
    > avalanche <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have Firefox. Is Thunderbird any better than other mail? Or news
    > > readers if it does that...I forget.

    > I guess you'd better try it for yourself. For me personally, it does
    > everything I need in an email client, aside from some quirks that still
    > need to be ironed out. But that's me...
    >
    > Regards,
    > Wald

    I agree - as a mail client.
    As a newsreader it is no better than OE
    There is no ideal newsreader. I use Super Gravity from
    http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/super.html
    but others disagree.
    You had better try it ;o?

    --
    Jim

    Tyneside - North East of England
    To email me directly omit the X from my address
    Jim Scott, Nov 9, 2004
  4. avalanche

    Hermit Guest

    "avalanche" <> wrote in message
    >I have Firefox. Is Thunderbird any better than other mail? Or news
    > readers if it does that...I forget.

    I tried it for a couple of weeks, but wasn't impressed. Went back to OE.

    Hermit, Nov 9, 2004
  5. avalanche wrote:
    > I have Firefox. Is Thunderbird any better than other mail? Or news
    > readers if it does that...I forget.

    I find that it's fine for both. It's certainly good for mail. I think
    it's good for news, too, but then I switched to it from OE so who am I
    to judge? :)

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>
    Nigel Stapley, Nov 9, 2004
  6. On 2004-11-09, Hermit <> wrote:

    > "avalanche" <> wrote in message
    >>I have Firefox. Is Thunderbird any better than other mail? Or news
    >> readers if it does that...I forget.

    > I tried it for a couple of weeks, but wasn't impressed. Went back to OE.

    For me, Thunderbird wins over OE just on the basis of security issues. OE
    has a well-earned reputation as the most efficient virus collection and
    distribution software in existence (in many cases no user intervention is
    even required!); Thunderbird is much more secure.

    --

    -John ()
    John Thompson, Nov 9, 2004
  7. avalanche

    Dudhorse Guest

    Dudhorse, Nov 13, 2004
  8. avalanche

    Jules Guest

    Dudhorse wrote:
    > "Hermit" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"avalanche" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have Firefox. Is Thunderbird any better than other mail? Or news
    >>>readers if it does that...I forget.

    >>I tried it for a couple of weeks, but wasn't impressed. Went back to OE.
    >>

    >>.... ditto for me too - T-bird is still very much a work in process.
    >>Maybe one big benefit will be forcing Micro$oft into upgrading OE but I'm
    >>not holding my breath.

    Can i ask why? i seem to prefer it, not sure why but im still learning.
    Jules, Nov 13, 2004