    through an smtp called Tiscali, and I don't have permission to do so? My
    Outlook Express works just fine. What's up with this. I'm using the
    lastest version of Thunderbird.
    JJ, Jan 2, 2007

  2. JJ

    JJ Guest

    JJ wrote:
    > I am unable to send email using Thunderbird. It talks about going
    > through an smtp called Tiscali, and I don't have permission to do so? My
    > Outlook Express works just fine. What's up with this. I'm using the
    > lastest version of Thunderbird.

    OH...and by the way....I can send mail into the newsgroup....as you can see.
    JJ, Jan 2, 2007

  3. JJ

    Guest

    JJ wrote:

    > OH...and by the way....I can send mail into the newsgroup....as you can see.

    Just for your info, but you send a message, or post a message, to the
    newsgroup not mail. Your mail and newsgroup uses two different
    protocols. Your mail uses SMTP and your newsgroups used NNTP. Sending
    email and sending messages are two different process and don't have any
    relations, even though they use the same Composer/Editor.
    , Jan 2, 2007
  4. On 01/01/2007 07:22 PM, JJ wrote:
    > I am unable to send email using Thunderbird. It talks about going
    > through an smtp called Tiscali, and I don't have permission to do so? My
    > Outlook Express works just fine. What's up with this. I'm using the
    > lastest version of Thunderbird.

    Perhaps you misspelled the name of your SMTP server.

    Or look at this: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cannot_send_mail

    --

    Windows Vista and your freedom in conflict:
    http://www.badvista.org/
    Mumia W. (on aioe), Jan 2, 2007
  5. JJ

    SteveG Guest

    JJ wrote:
    > I am unable to send email using Thunderbird. It talks about going
    > through an smtp called Tiscali, and I don't have permission to do so? My
    > Outlook Express works just fine. What's up with this. I'm using the
    > lastest version of Thunderbird.

    Can you receive emails? It looks, with the slight amount of information
    that you provided, as if you haven't set up your SMTP server information
    correctly.

    HTH

    --
    Regards