    Thunderbird and restarting, upon which it loads up properly.

    Out of interest, does anyone else get this? Is there
    something I can do to fix it?

    Orbis, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Orbis

    Mumia W. Guest

    On 08/14/2006 03:10 AM, Orbis wrote:
    > Occasionally (5-10% of the time perhaps) Thunderbird (latest version,
    > and this also happened before the last upgrade) will load up, but not
    > load an email window - ie the third window typically on the lower RHS
    > where message text displays.
    >
    > The problem has always been immediately remedied by closing Thunderbird
    > and restarting, upon which it loads up properly.
    >
    > Out of interest, does anyone else get this? Is there something I can do
    > to fix it?

    Put your mouse pointer at the bottom of the message header
    pane and pull up the little bar down there. The message
    preview pane is hidden when that bar is down.

    Or you can just double-click a message to make it appear in a
    new window.

    Mumia W., Aug 14, 2006

  3. Orbis

    Orbis Guest

    > Put your mouse pointer at the bottom of the message header pane and pull
    > up the little bar down there. The message preview pane is hidden when
    > that bar is down.
    >
    > Or you can just double-click a message to make it appear in a new window.

    Well .. yeah .. but that's just fixing the problem not the
    cause (and at any rate it's quicker just closing and
    restarting than doing either of those).

    Orbis, Aug 15, 2006