    e-mail address loads instantly with no problem. But it takes a minute or so for my
    primary address to load both old messages which I have left there and new messages.
    Any suggestions?
    Roger Clough, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Roger Clough

    Miller Guest

    *Roger Clough* wrote on 29.06.06 19:36:
    > I am using Firefox browser and Thunderbird for mail (not sure which version)
    >
    > I have two e-mail addresses. When I go to Thuderbird to retrieve my mail my secondary
    > e-mail address loads instantly with no problem. But it takes a minute or so for my
    > primary address to load both old messages which I have left there and new messages.
    > Any suggestions?

    IMAP and\or POP-Accounts?
    Miller, Jun 29, 2006

  3. Roger Clough

    Miller Guest

    *Roger Clough* wrote on 29.06.06 19:36:
    > I am using Firefox browser and Thunderbird for mail (not sure which version)
    >
    > I have two e-mail addresses. When I go to Thuderbird to retrieve my mail my secondary
    > e-mail address loads instantly with no problem. But it takes a minute or so for my
    > primary address to load both old messages which I have left there and new messages.
    > Any suggestions?

    IMAP and\or POP-Accounts?
    Miller, Jun 29, 2006
  4. Roger Clough

    Roger Clough Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:31:03 +0200, Miller <> wrote:

    >*Roger Clough* wrote on 29.06.06 19:36:
    >> I am using Firefox browser and Thunderbird for mail (not sure which version)
    >>
    >> I have two e-mail addresses. When I go to Thuderbird to retrieve my mail my secondary
    >> e-mail address loads instantly with no problem. But it takes a minute or so for my
    >> primary address to load both old messages which I have left there and new messages.
    >> Any suggestions?

    >IMAP and\or POP-Accounts?

    POP
    Roger Clough, Jun 29, 2006
  5. Roger Clough

    Roger Clough Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:31:03 +0200, Miller <> wrote:

    >*Roger Clough* wrote on 29.06.06 19:36:
    >> I am using Firefox browser and Thunderbird for mail (not sure which version)
    >>
    >> I have two e-mail addresses. When I go to Thuderbird to retrieve my mail my secondary
    >> e-mail address loads instantly with no problem. But it takes a minute or so for my
    >> primary address to load both old messages which I have left there and new messages.
    >> Any suggestions?

    >IMAP and\or POP-Accounts?

    POP
    Roger Clough, Jun 29, 2006
  6. Roger Clough wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:31:03 +0200, Miller <> wrote:
    >
    >> *Roger Clough* wrote on 29.06.06 19:36:
    >>> I am using Firefox browser and Thunderbird for mail (not sure which version)
    >>>
    >>> I have two e-mail addresses. When I go to Thuderbird to retrieve my mail my secondary
    >>> e-mail address loads instantly with no problem. But it takes a minute or so for my
    >>> primary address to load both old messages which I have left there and new messages.
    >>> Any suggestions?

    >> IMAP and\or POP-Accounts?

    > POP

    Are both on the same ISP?
    How many messages do you have there? Have you emptied the trash and
    compacted folders for that account?
    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 29, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 29, 2006
  8. Roger Clough

    Roger Clough Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:17:12 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)" <> wrote:

    >Roger Clough wrote:

    >>> IMAP and\or POP-Accounts?

    >> POP
    >>

    >Are both on the same ISP? Yes, both are Earthlink

    >How many messages do you have there? About 100 old messages

    Have you emptied the trash and
    >compacted folders for that account?

    Yes
    Roger Clough, Jun 30, 2006
  9. Roger Clough

    Roger Clough, Jun 30, 2006
  10. Roger Clough wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:17:12 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Roger Clough wrote:

    >>> POP
    >>>

    >> Are both on the same ISP? Yes, both are Earthlink

    >> How many messages do you have there? About 100 old messages

    > Have you emptied the trash and
    >> compacted folders for that account?

    > Yes

    Remove the old mail from the server, any better?
    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006
  12. Roger Clough

    Roger Clough Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:24:33 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)" <> wrote:

    >Roger Clough wrote:

    >>> Are both on the same ISP? Yes, both are Earthlink

    >>> How many messages do you have there? About 100 old messages

    >> Have you emptied the trash and
    >>> compacted folders for that account?

    >> Yes

    >Remove the old mail from the server, any better?

    In the tools menu for Thunderbird I have opted not to have the messages left on the
    server.
    Roger Clough, Jun 30, 2006
  13. Roger Clough

    Roger Clough, Jun 30, 2006
  14. Roger Clough wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:24:33 GMT, "Moz Champion (Dan)" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Roger Clough wrote:

    >>> Have you emptied the trash and
    >>> Yes

    >> Remove the old mail from the server, any better?

    > In the tools menu for Thunderbird I have opted not to have the messages left on the
    > server.

    fine, but in your message you state
    "...to load both old messages which I have left there and new..."

    so are the old messages still on the server or not?
    If not on the server, create a new folder (not under the inbox) and move
    the 'old' mail there for safekeeping. Does that help?
    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jun 30, 2006
  16. Roger Clough

    gwtc Guest

    Roger Clough wrote:

    > I am using Firefox browser and Thunderbird for mail (not sure which version)

    Help, About will tell you what versions you have.

    > I have two e-mail addresses. When I go to Thuderbird to retrieve my mail my secondary
    > e-mail address loads instantly with no problem. But it takes a minute or so for my
    > primary address to load both old messages which I have left there and new messages.
    > Any suggestions?

    Why did you even mention about FF when you have a TB problem? I don't
    see what the connection is.

    Close TB, and using your file manager, locate the mail section within
    your profile. Inside that you will find a bunch of file that end in
    *.msf. Delete them. Restart TB. Does this fix the problem?

    All your settings, passwords, mail, etc, are stored in an area called
    your profile. To locate your profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx
    --
    Murphy's Laws of Computing: For every action, there is an equal and
    opposite malfunction.

    gwtc, Jun 30, 2006
  17. Roger Clough

    gwtc Guest