  1. ian

    ian Guest

    why is my thunderbird trying to contact"virtual-aus.mozilla.org" ?

    ian, Nov 8, 2005

  2. ian

    Moz Champion Guest

    ian wrote:
    > why is my thunderbird trying to contact"virtual-aus.mozilla.org" ?

    Thats part of the polling for updates.
    You can turn it off by entering the following into your user.js
    // Disable automatic polling for new updates
    pref("app.update.autoUpdateEnabled", false);
    pref("extensions.update.autoUpdateEnabled", false);
    pref("extensions.update.autoUpdate", false);

    Or you can change it directly in the prefs.js using the About-Config
    extension (which gives you a button on the toolbar to invoke about-config)

    The 'fix' for this has been made in the 1.5 trunk, btw

    Moz Champion, Nov 8, 2005

  3. ian

    gwtc Guest

    Moz Champion wrote:

    > ian wrote:
    >
    >> why is my thunderbird trying to contact"virtual-aus.mozilla.org" ?
    >>

    > Thats part of the polling for updates.
    > You can turn it off by entering the following into your user.js
    > // Disable automatic polling for new updates
    > pref("app.update.autoUpdateEnabled", false);
    > pref("extensions.update.autoUpdateEnabled", false);
    > pref("extensions.update.autoUpdate", false);
    >
    > Or you can change it directly in the prefs.js using the About-Config
    > extension (which gives you a button on the toolbar to invoke about-config)
    >
    > The 'fix' for this has been made in the 1.5 trunk, btw

    The aboutconfig file is available from here:
    http://aboutconfig.mozdev.org/

    gwtc, Nov 8, 2005