    Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
    message? I would much prefer the > sign

    Thanks

    Scratch, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Scratch

    Jeroen Budts Guest

    Scratch wrote:
    > Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
    > message? I would much prefer the > sign
    >
    > Thanks

    have a look at the QuoteColors extension (didn't try it myself)
    http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/

    greetz,
    Jeroen

    Jeroen Budts, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Scratch

    Jeroen Budts Guest

    Jeroen Budts wrote:
    > Scratch wrote:
    >
    >> Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
    >> message? I would much prefer the > sign
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > have a look at the QuoteColors extension (didn't try it myself)
    > http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/

    It turned out that the extension did not work on Thunderbird 1.0 (not
    yet updated)
    You can find an updated version here:
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=418&hl=quotecolors
    This one works fine (tried it myself)

    Greetz,
    Jeroen

    Jeroen Budts, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Scratch

    Scratch Guest

    Jeroen Budts wrote:
    > Jeroen Budts wrote:
    >
    >> Scratch wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
    >>> message? I would much prefer the > sign
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> have a look at the QuoteColors extension (didn't try it myself)
    >> http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/

    > It turned out that the extension did not work on Thunderbird 1.0 (not
    > yet updated)
    > You can find an updated version here:
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=418&hl=quotecolors
    > This one works fine (tried it myself)
    >
    > Greetz,
    > Jeroen

    Ok, I'll check it out. Thanks

    Scratch, Jan 2, 2005
  5. Scratch

    Scratch Guest

    Jeroen Budts wrote:
    > Jeroen Budts wrote:
    >
    >> Scratch wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there a way to change the color bars that show up in quotes in a
    >>> message? I would much prefer the > sign
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> have a look at the QuoteColors extension (didn't try it myself)
    >> http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/

    > It turned out that the extension did not work on Thunderbird 1.0 (not
    > yet updated)
    > You can find an updated version here:
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=418&hl=quotecolors
    > This one works fine (tried it myself)
    >
    > Greetz,
    > Jeroen

    Oh boy, well tried it and it says it is not compatible with Firefox
    which is what I'm running :( Bummer!

    Scratch, Jan 2, 2005
  6. (On 1/2/2005 3:18 PM) Scratch wrote:
    > Jeroen Budts wrote:

    > Oh boy, well tried it and it says it is not compatible with Firefox
    > which is what I'm running :( Bummer!

    You need to download the extension to your computer, and then from
    Thunderbird, click Tools >> Extensions >> Install. That is how you
    install extensions to Thunderbird.
    --
    Brian

    Email Info--
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    ::..BRIAN..::, Jan 2, 2005
  7. Scratch

    Waltzzz Guest

    Re: Thunderbird >>>

    I have the > marks and not the colour bar. I did it by changing the
    user.js and maybe some other file... I used the info from here to do
    it:

    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=588836#588836
    Getting rid of colored quote bars... - MozillaZine Forums

    ~

    I also prefer the > to the coloured line. However there is more going
    on here.

    The coloured line encloses all quoted material - and gets rid of the
    familiar long short lines and also will work in even the tiniest
    windows, try it by shinking your window - I cant do it anymore with the
    > showing.

    Maybe there is a way to thave the functionality without the graphics...

    Waltzzz, Jan 3, 2005