    any help would be appreciated. I kind of grown fond of TB, and would
    like to conitinue using it.

    tia

    Secret Asian Man, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Secret Asian Man

    Doug G Guest

    Secret Asian Man wrote:
    > Help:
    > Thunderbird stopped retrieving mail!
    > I can send mail,but not recieve any.I changed the
    > To the best of my knowledge-I did not make any changes to TB.
    > I'm running xp and TB 1.02
    > I can retrieve messages for my newsgroup subscriptions.
    > Yahoo mail can access my pop account.
    > any help would be appreciated. I kind of grown fond of TB, and would
    > like to conitinue using it.
    >
    > tia

    If you can't receive mail from your ISP's mail server, the server may be
    down. Check the ISP's web site and see if they're experiencing any outages.

    I was without internet service for about 6 hours yesterday, the cable
    guy was probably working on the line a block or two away from me.

    Doug G, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Doug G wrote:
    > Secret Asian Man wrote:
    >
    >>Help:
    >>Thunderbird stopped retrieving mail!
    >>I can send mail,but not recieve any.I changed the
    >>To the best of my knowledge-I did not make any changes to TB.
    >>I'm running xp and TB 1.02
    >>I can retrieve messages for my newsgroup subscriptions.
    >>Yahoo mail can access my pop account.
    >>any help would be appreciated. I kind of grown fond of TB, and would
    >>like to conitinue using it.
    >>
    >>tia

    > If you can't receive mail from your ISP's mail server, the server may be
    > down. Check the ISP's web site and see if they're experiencing any outages.
    >
    > I was without internet service for about 6 hours yesterday, the cable
    > guy was probably working on the line a block or two away from me.

    Thanks for the fast reply.
    my isp is not the apparent problem.
    I have an imac on the same router and I can get my email everyway except
    for FB.
    I would have thought it was my isp,because my failure to get email, sort
    of just came out of the blue. I can get news, I can get mail if I don't
    use TB.
    Thanks again, if you have any more ideas, please let me know.

    Secret Asian Man, Apr 8, 2005
  4. On 4/8/2005 9:35 PM, Secret Asian Man said:
    > Help:
    > Thunderbird stopped retrieving mail!
    > I can send mail,but not recieve any.I changed the
    > To the best of my knowledge-I did not make any changes to TB.
    > I'm running xp and TB 1.02
    > I can retrieve messages for my newsgroup subscriptions.
    > Yahoo mail can access my pop account.
    > any help would be appreciated. I kind of grown fond of TB, and would
    > like to conitinue using it.
    >
    > tia

    It could be a firewall issue. Yahoo mail isn't really a mail client (at
    least at your end) -- it's just a smart website. If your browser is
    cleared to get through the firewall, then Yahoo mail will work.

    However TB isn't dependent on your browser, and may have separate
    firewall rules applied to it. If your firewall denies it access to the
    net, it can't retrieve mail.

    My 2 cents' worth. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious.

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Apr 9, 2005
  5. David Harrison wrote:
    > On 4/8/2005 9:35 PM, Secret Asian Man said:
    >
    >> Help:
    >> Thunderbird stopped retrieving mail!
    >> I can send mail,but not recieve any.I changed the
    >> To the best of my knowledge-I did not make any changes to TB.
    >> I'm running xp and TB 1.02
    >> I can retrieve messages for my newsgroup subscriptions.
    >> Yahoo mail can access my pop account.
    >> any help would be appreciated. I kind of grown fond of TB, and would
    >> like to conitinue using it.
    >>
    >> tia

    > It could be a firewall issue. Yahoo mail isn't really a mail client (at
    > least at your end) -- it's just a smart website. If your browser is
    > cleared to get through the firewall, then Yahoo mail will work.
    >
    > However TB isn't dependent on your browser, and may have separate
    > firewall rules applied to it. If your firewall denies it access to the
    > net, it can't retrieve mail.
    >
    > My 2 cents' worth. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious.
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    Thanks David:

    I appreciate your help. I tried turning off my firewall. I even
    uninstalled sp2, but I still do not get email when I use FB.
    Your right about Yahoo mail, but I have Yahoo mail configured to access
    my pop3 server. I use Eudora on my imac, and I can get my email.
    I'm going to see if outlook ex works. I hope I don't have to start using
    Outlook, I kinda grew fond of TB.
    If you have any other ideas,feel free to share.
    Thanks again for your help.

    Secret Asian Man, Apr 9, 2005
  6. David Harrison wrote:
    > On 4/8/2005 9:35 PM, Secret Asian Man said:
    >
    >> Help:
    >> Thunderbird stopped retrieving mail!
    >> I can send mail,but not recieve any.I changed the
    >> To the best of my knowledge-I did not make any changes to TB.
    >> I'm running xp and TB 1.02
    >> I can retrieve messages for my newsgroup subscriptions.
    >> Yahoo mail can access my pop account.
    >> any help would be appreciated. I kind of grown fond of TB, and would
    >> like to conitinue using it.
    >>
    >> tia

    > It could be a firewall issue. Yahoo mail isn't really a mail client (at
    > least at your end) -- it's just a smart website. If your browser is
    > cleared to get through the firewall, then Yahoo mail will work.
    >
    > However TB isn't dependent on your browser, and may have separate
    > firewall rules applied to it. If your firewall denies it access to the
    > net, it can't retrieve mail.
    >
    > My 2 cents' worth. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious.
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > David H

    Hi David:

    I think you are on the right path.
    I tried Outlook Express, and it to will not retrieve mail.
    I look at my network connections, and it appears that the firewall is
    off.
    Do you know of any other settings that might cause this?

    tia
    Forrest

    Secret Asian Man, Apr 9, 2005
  7. Secret Asian Man

    Z Guest

    Secret Asian Man wrote:
    > I appreciate your help. I tried turning off my firewall. I even
    > uninstalled sp2, but I still do not get email when I use FB.
    > Your right about Yahoo mail, but I have Yahoo mail configured to access
    > my pop3 server. I use Eudora on my imac, and I can get my email.
    > I'm going to see if outlook ex works. I hope I don't have to start using
    > Outlook, I kinda grew fond of TB.
    > If you have any other ideas,feel free to share.

    Maybe your password information got corrupted?

    If you haven't tried yet, remove the POP acct password in Thunderbird
    and reenter it when prompted (see below).

    Tools > Options > Advanced > Saved Passwords > View Saved Passwords >
    remove the POP password > Ok.

    When you reconnect to download e-mail you'll be prompted again for password.

    Can you rcv e-mail now?

    Z, Apr 9, 2005
  8. Secret Asian Man wrote:
    > David Harrison wrote:
    >
    >> On 4/8/2005 9:35 PM, Secret Asian Man said:
    >>
    >>> Help:
    >>> Thunderbird stopped retrieving mail!
    >>> I can send mail,but not recieve any.I changed the
    >>> To the best of my knowledge-I did not make any changes to TB.
    >>> I'm running xp and TB 1.02
    >>> I can retrieve messages for my newsgroup subscriptions.
    >>> Yahoo mail can access my pop account.
    >>> any help would be appreciated. I kind of grown fond of TB, and would
    >>> like to conitinue using it.
    >>>
    >>> tia

    >> It could be a firewall issue. Yahoo mail isn't really a mail client
    >> (at least at your end) -- it's just a smart website. If your browser
    >> is cleared to get through the firewall, then Yahoo mail will work.
    >>
    >> However TB isn't dependent on your browser, and may have separate
    >> firewall rules applied to it. If your firewall denies it access to the
    >> net, it can't retrieve mail.
    >>
    >> My 2 cents' worth. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious.
    >>
    >> cheers,
    >>
    >> David H

    > Hi David:
    >
    > I think you are on the right path.
    > I tried Outlook Express, and it to will not retrieve mail.
    > I look at my network connections, and it appears that the firewall is
    > off.
    > Do you know of any other settings that might cause this?
    >
    > tia
    > Forrest

    I have the same exact issue which started yesterday. I have Norton
    Internet security installed. There was an update yesterday (not virus
    definitions) and it seems to coincide. I have turned off Norton but the
    problem persists. I'm stuck so I hope someone with more knowledge than
    I have can come up with something.

    Thomas Halstead, Apr 9, 2005
  9. Secret Asian Man

    Doug G Guest

    Thomas Halstead wrote:

    > Secret Asian Man wrote:
    >> David Harrison wrote:

    >>> It could be a firewall issue. Yahoo mail isn't really a mail client
    >>> (at least at your end) -- it's just a smart website. If your browser
    >>> is cleared to get through the firewall, then Yahoo mail will work.
    >>>
    >>> However TB isn't dependent on your browser, and may have separate
    >>> firewall rules applied to it. If your firewall denies it access to the
    >>> net, it can't retrieve mail.
    >>>
    >>> My 2 cents' worth. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious.
    >>>
    >>> cheers,
    >>>
    >>> David H

    >> Hi David:
    >>
    >> I think you are on the right path.
    >> I tried Outlook Express, and it to will not retrieve mail.
    >> I look at my network connections, and it appears that the firewall is
    >> off.
    >> Do you know of any other settings that might cause this?
    >>
    >> tia
    >> Forrest

    > I have the same exact issue which started yesterday. I have Norton
    > Internet security installed. There was an update yesterday (not virus
    > definitions) and it seems to coincide. I have turned off Norton but the
    > problem persists. I'm stuck so I hope someone with more knowledge than
    > I have can come up with something.

    Can you roll back the update or use System Restore?

    Doug G, Apr 9, 2005
  10. Secret Asian Man

    Moz Champion Guest

    Doug G wrote:
    > Thomas Halstead wrote:
    >

    >>Secret Asian Man wrote:

    >>>Hi David:
    >>>
    >>>I think you are on the right path.
    >>>I tried Outlook Express, and it to will not retrieve mail.
    >>>I look at my network connections, and it appears that the firewall is
    >>>off.
    >>>Do you know of any other settings that might cause this?
    >>>
    >>>tia
    >>>Forrest

    >>I have the same exact issue which started yesterday. I have Norton
    >>Internet security installed. There was an update yesterday (not virus
    >>definitions) and it seems to coincide. I have turned off Norton but the
    >> problem persists. I'm stuck so I hope someone with more knowledge than
    >>I have can come up with something.

    > Can you roll back the update or use System Restore?

    Hey guys.

    It may be something simple like.... is there any mail there to get?

    If his other products are set to download the mail, when he goes there
    with TB or OE (now) he wont get any!

    to ensure there IS mail to get, the user should send himself a message
    just prior to checking.

    Moz Champion, Apr 10, 2005
  11. Z wrote:
    > Secret Asian Man wrote:
    >
    >> I appreciate your help. I tried turning off my firewall. I even
    >> uninstalled sp2, but I still do not get email when I use FB.
    >> Your right about Yahoo mail, but I have Yahoo mail configured to
    >> access my pop3 server. I use Eudora on my imac, and I can get my email.
    >> I'm going to see if outlook ex works. I hope I don't have to start
    >> using Outlook, I kinda grew fond of TB.
    >> If you have any other ideas,feel free to share.

    > Maybe your password information got corrupted?
    >
    > If you haven't tried yet, remove the POP acct password in Thunderbird
    > and reenter it when prompted (see below).
    >
    > Tools > Options > Advanced > Saved Passwords > View Saved Passwords >
    > remove the POP password > Ok.
    >
    > When you reconnect to download e-mail you'll be prompted again for
    > password.
    >
    > Can you rcv e-mail now?

    Yes I can. I had to reinstall my OS.
    for whatever reason, FB is working.
    Thanks for the help.

    Secret Asian Man, Apr 10, 2005
  12. Thomas Halstead wrote:
    > Secret Asian Man wrote:
    >
    >> David Harrison wrote:

    >>> It could be a firewall issue. Yahoo mail isn't really a mail client
    >>> (at least at your end) -- it's just a smart website. If your browser
    >>> is cleared to get through the firewall, then Yahoo mail will work.
    >>>
    >>> However TB isn't dependent on your browser, and may have separate
    >>> firewall rules applied to it. If your firewall denies it access to
    >>> the net, it can't retrieve mail.
    >>>
    >>> My 2 cents' worth. Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious.
    >>>
    >>> cheers,
    >>>
    >>> David H

    >> Hi David:
    >>
    >> I think you are on the right path.
    >> I tried Outlook Express, and it to will not retrieve mail.
    >> I look at my network connections, and it appears that the firewall is
    >> off.
    >> Do you know of any other settings that might cause this?
    >>
    >> tia
    >> Forrest

    > I have the same exact issue which started yesterday. I have Norton
    > Internet security installed. There was an update yesterday (not virus
    > definitions) and it seems to coincide. I have turned off Norton but the
    > problem persists. I'm stuck so I hope someone with more knowledge than
    > I have can come up with something.

    After finding out that I could not get mail in Outlook Express, I
    started to look at my OS.
    After a reinstall(of winxp), everything started to work. TB- I can get mail.
    Strangely some of the filters that I couldn't get to work, now work??
    I also run xandros on one of my computers a work, both Thuderbird and
    Firebird are working great without any problems.

    Secret Asian Man, Apr 10, 2005
  13. On 4/10/2005 6:12 PM, Secret Asian Man said:
    > Z wrote:
    >
    >> Secret Asian Man wrote:
    >>
    >>> I appreciate your help. I tried turning off my firewall. I even
    >>> uninstalled sp2, but I still do not get email when I use FB.
    >>> Your right about Yahoo mail, but I have Yahoo mail configured to
    >>> access my pop3 server. I use Eudora on my imac, and I can get my email.
    >>> I'm going to see if outlook ex works. I hope I don't have to start
    >>> using Outlook, I kinda grew fond of TB.
    >>> If you have any other ideas,feel free to share.

    >> Maybe your password information got corrupted?
    >>
    >> If you haven't tried yet, remove the POP acct password in Thunderbird
    >> and reenter it when prompted (see below).
    >>
    >> Tools > Options > Advanced > Saved Passwords > View Saved Passwords >
    >> remove the POP password > Ok.
    >>
    >> When you reconnect to download e-mail you'll be prompted again for
    >> password.
    >>
    >> Can you rcv e-mail now?

    > Yes I can. I had to reinstall my OS.
    > for whatever reason, FB is working.
    > Thanks for the help.

    Extreme measures, but I'm glad to hear it's working now!

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Apr 10, 2005
  14. Secret Asian Man

    Ciao

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    TB Won't Download

    This sounds silly but I had the same problem when I clicked the Get Mail button on the toolbar. But, when I used File --> Get New Messages my Inbox downloaded fine. My Get Mail button would work for a little while after that, and then I'd have to use the menus again. Maybe it was a timing fluke, but it worked for me.
    Good Luck.

    Ciao, Aug 21, 2008