    Thunderbird seems to insist that one account be "default" -
    so, *all* emails are sent via that account
    , Aug 30, 2005

  2. faxe Guest

    napisa³(a):

    > Thunderbird seems to insist that one account be "default" -
    > so, *all* emails are sent via that account

    while creating new account dont tick the checkbox "use global blah
    blah". Accounts will be separated and after choosing one in sidebar you
    can create and send an email from appropriate address/account.

    --
    Pawe³ Zdziarski
    faxe, Aug 30, 2005

  3. Guest

    faxe wrote:
    > napisa³(a):
    >
    >> Thunderbird seems to insist that one account be "default" -
    >> so, *all* emails are sent via that account

    > while creating new account dont tick the checkbox "use global blah
    > blah". Accounts will be separated and after choosing one in sidebar you
    > can create and send an email from appropriate address/account.

    er... I ought to have specified that I did that...

    so each account has its own separate collection of folders:
    ( Inbox, Drafts, Templates, Sent, Trash )

    but in actual use, they appear to be using a single account to send...
    , Aug 30, 2005
  4. faxe Guest

    napisa³(a):

    > so each account has its own separate collection of folders:
    > ( Inbox, Drafts, Templates, Sent, Trash )
    >
    > but in actual use, they appear to be using a single account to send...

    Well, it works-for-me :)
    http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zrzutekranu2hp.png
    ("Poczta" is the "global" mailbox account).

    BTW: did you specified different SMTP settings for each of your
    accounts? GMail requires to send your login/password while sending an
    email.

    --
    Pawe³ Zdziarski
    Nie stawiaj niepoprawnego apostrofu!. http://tnij.org/apo
    faxe, Aug 30, 2005
  5. Guest

    faxe wrote:
    > napisa³(a):
    >
    >> so each account has its own separate collection of folders:
    >> ( Inbox, Drafts, Templates, Sent, Trash )
    >>
    >> but in actual use, they appear to be using a single account to send...

    > Well, it works-for-me :)
    > http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zrzutekranu2hp.png
    > ("Poczta" is the "global" mailbox account).
    >
    > BTW: did you specified different SMTP settings for each of your
    > accounts? GMail requires to send your login/password while sending an
    > email.

    well... I thought I had ;)

    it looks as though that's where the problem was...
    perhaps it would be easier to check these things
    if the SMTP server settings could be labelled
    with different titles... :)
    , Aug 31, 2005