    drop down menu. what is the reason I wonder if anyone in the group can
    tell me and aside fom copying and pasting the URL name in Thunderbird
    what can I do to rectify this. TIA

    PWB, Jul 24, 2007

  2. PWB

    Mike Easter Guest

    PWB wrote:

    > I am using both Thunderbird and Firefox both are my default email
    > client and browser respectively but when I try to send a link nothing
    > happens if i click on Firefox 'send link' or if I right click on the
    > Firefox drop down menu.

    I have Tbird & Ff installed in Ubuntu. When I R click a link on a page
    displayed in Ff, I am presented a context menu which includes 'Send
    Link' and when I select that send, Tbird and a newmail opens with the
    link in the body of the email.

    > what is the reason I wonder if anyone in the
    > group can tell me and aside fom copying and pasting the URL name in
    > Thunderbird what can I do to rectify this.

    Further, when I am viewing a page in Ff and I use the Ff File menu and
    choose 'Send Link' then a newmail opens in Tbird which contains the link
    to the page I am viewing.

    Perhaps you should download an iso for Ub and burn it and run it as a
    live CD and see how you like it with Ub Ff & Tbird compared to
    Windows -- then if you want you can install it on a partition for a dual
    boot with Win so you won't have these problems.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 25, 2007