    Where did I go wrong?

    --
    RodneyK
    Rodney K Shanley, Sep 3, 2005

  2. Rodney K Shanley

    Doug G Guest

    Rodney K Shanley wrote:
    > Despite uninstalling and re-installing Thunderbird, it will not launch.
    > I've looked at all the settings and they seem ok.
    > I've set "program access and defaults" in WinXP to make TB the default
    > program.
    > Where did I go wrong?

    After restarting your computer, try double clicking the thunderbird.exe
    file.
    Doug G, Sep 3, 2005

  3. Rodney K Shanley

    RodneyK Guest

    Yes, I have 2Xclicked the exe file. It does not start, so it is not the
    shortcut that is the trouble.
    It now asks if I want to go online or not, then nothing.
    Task manager shows it is running.

    RodneyK, Sep 3, 2005
  4. On 2005-09-03, RodneyK <> wrote:

    > Yes, I have 2Xclicked the exe file. It does not start, so it is not the
    > shortcut that is the trouble.
    > It now asks if I want to go online or not, then nothing.
    > Task manager shows it is running.

    If the task manager shows that it is running, then something in your
    profile has wedged it. Create a new profile and see if that helps.

    --

    John ()
    John Thompson, Sep 4, 2005
  5. Rodney K Shanley

    RodneyK Guest

    "John Thompson" <2.dhs.org> wrote >
    > If the task manager shows that it is running, then something in your
    > profile has wedged it. Create a new profile and see if that helps.

    Thanx for your interrest and help John.
    The profile manager did not launch, like TB.
    BUT, now everything is OK, because I started TB in Safe Mode (which I had
    completely forgotten about), and I found that some nincompoop, me in fact,
    had installed the Tagzilla extension. I've uninstalled it and now everything
    is Okeedokee.
    thanks again.
    --
    RodneyK