Thunderbird: Where to enter Password? (newsserver)

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by MaximmixaM, Feb 20, 2005.

  1. MaximmixaM

    MaximmixaM Guest

    > I'm trying to set up Mozilla 1.0. I use a news server that
    > requires a log on, with Username and Password. I can't find

    where to
    > enter my Username and Password within Mozilla. I would think it
    > would be in the "server settings," but I only see a place for

    "server
    > name." Any time I try to get the newsgroup list, the connection
    > "times out."
    > I'm sure there's an easy answer to this. Anyone? Thank you
    > very much!

    Sorry, this is actually Thunderbird 1.0 I'm trying to set up.
    There is no "preferences" selection under the Edit menu, and I
    can't find any setting that will allow me to enter a Username or
    Password for my news server. Any help greatly appreciated!

    MaximmixaM, Feb 20, 2005

  2. MaximmixaM wrote:

    >> I'm trying to set up Mozilla 1.0. I use a news server that
    >>requires a log on, with Username and Password. I can't find

    > where to
    >
    >>enter my Username and Password within Mozilla. I would think it
    >>would be in the "server settings," but I only see a place for

    > "server
    >
    >>name." Any time I try to get the newsgroup list, the connection
    >>"times out."
    >> I'm sure there's an easy answer to this. Anyone? Thank you
    >>very much!

    > Sorry, this is actually Thunderbird 1.0 I'm trying to set up.
    > There is no "preferences" selection under the Edit menu, and I
    > can't find any setting that will allow me to enter a Username or
    > Password for my news server. Any help greatly appreciated!

    Set up the account, if it is not already:

    Tools>>Account Settings>>Add Account

    Your username will be added in the wizard. Once the account is set up,
    try to log on to get mail. You will be prompted for the password then.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Feb 21, 2005

  3. MaximmixaM

    Moz Champion Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > MaximmixaM wrote:

    >>> I'm trying to set up Mozilla 1.0. I use a news server that
    >>> requires a log on, with Username and Password. I can't find

    >> where to
    >>
    >>> enter my Username and Password within Mozilla. I would think it
    >>> would be in the "server settings," but I only see a place for

    >> "server
    >>
    >>> name." Any time I try to get the newsgroup list, the connection
    >>> "times out." I'm sure there's an easy answer to this. Anyone?
    >>> Thank you very much!

    >> Sorry, this is actually Thunderbird 1.0 I'm trying to set up.
    >> There is no "preferences" selection under the Edit menu, and I can't
    >> find any setting that will allow me to enter a Username or Password
    >> for my news server. Any help greatly appreciated!

    > Set up the account, if it is not already:
    >
    > Tools>>Account Settings>>Add Account
    >
    > Your username will be added in the wizard. Once the account is set up,
    > try to log on to get mail. You will be prompted for the password then.
    >
    > Lee

    In Thunderbird the placement of the Preferences varies with OS

    Macintosh
    Thunderbird-->Preferences
    Windows
    Tools-->Options-->Preferences