    Greetz,
    Felix

    , Jan 24, 2006

  2. Re: Thunderbird: what is possible for HTML-mails with animation andsound?

    wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am curious which possibilities exist for creating stationary for
    > Mozilla Thunderbird with integrated sounds and animations? It's amazing
    > what you can find for Outlook Express! How could this be ported to
    > Mozilla? How about body-tags (<embed>) and javascript-elements
    > ("onload")? Is there a documentation for that on the internet
    > somewhere? I could not find anything so far...
    >
    > Greetz,
    > Felix

    Try the following group:

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 24, 2006

  3. Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I am curious which possibilities exist for creating stationary for
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird with integrated sounds and animations? It's amazing
    >> what you can find for Outlook Express! How could this be ported to
    >> Mozilla? How about body-tags (<embed>) and javascript-elements
    >> ("onload")? Is there a documentation for that on the internet
    >> somewhere? I could not find anything so far...
    >>
    >> Greetz,
    >> Felix
    >>

    > Try the following group:

    Good advice. And try a couple things on your own.

    Compose a message in HTML mode. You have a variety of text, page, and
    HTML formatting options via the buttons on the Formatting Toolbar (View
    - Toolbars).

    Additionally, click the Insert and Format menus: more options including
    one to insert custom HTML.

    Click the Save button and choose Template (or File - Save As - Template).

    Go to the Template folder, find the file, right-click, choose Edit as New.

    Also see:

    http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_remote.html
    http://www.google.com/search?query=thunderbird html mail template&num=50

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 24, 2006
  4. Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hi there,
    >>>
    >>> I am curious which possibilities exist for creating stationary for
    >>> Mozilla Thunderbird with integrated sounds and animations? It's amazing
    >>> what you can find for Outlook Express! How could this be ported to
    >>> Mozilla? How about body-tags (<embed>) and javascript-elements
    >>> ("onload")? Is there a documentation for that on the internet
    >>> somewhere? I could not find anything so far...
    >>>
    >>> Greetz,
    >>> Felix
    >>>

    >> Try the following group:

    > Good advice. And try a couple things on your own.
    >
    > Compose a message in HTML mode. You have a variety of text, page, and
    > HTML formatting options via the buttons on the Formatting Toolbar (View
    > - Toolbars).
    >
    > Additionally, click the Insert and Format menus: more options including
    > one to insert custom HTML.
    >
    > Click the Save button and choose Template (or File - Save As - Template).
    >
    > Go to the Template folder, find the file, right-click, choose Edit as New.
    >
    > Also see:
    >
    > http://mozilla.edmullen.net/moz_remote.html
    > http://www.google.com/search?query=thunderbird html mail template&num=50

    Also, if you're interested, email me with a valid address and I'll send
    you an html email with a variety of styling etc. so you can see what I'm
    talking about.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 24, 2006
  5. Guest

    Hi Ed,

    as mentioned before I am especially interessted in animation and
    sounds. Do you really have examples for that?

    Greetz,
    Felix

    , Jan 26, 2006

  7. Ed Mullen Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi Ed,
    >

    > as mentioned before I am especially interessted in animation and
    > sounds. Do you really have examples for that?
    >

    > Greetz,
    > Felix

    I don't have an example at hand since it's not something I do except for
    satisfying my own curiosity. But I can certainly do up a quick example.

    If by animation you mean an animated .gif, that's easy. The reference
    page I gave regarding remote images in email could have just as easily
    used an animated .gif. As for sound, most HTML techniques for including
    sound in a document should work.

    One thing to consider is that many people have javascript turned off in
    email, some have graphics turned off, and some have their clients set to
    display all mail as plain-text.

    You really should check the Multimedia group mentioned before.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 26, 2006