    On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the text area of your new letter by using the
    attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?

    Keith
    Keith, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Keith

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 12:26:14 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
    Hesitation Keith Wrote The Following:

    > All:
    > On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the text area of your new letter by using the
    > attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
    >
    > Keith

    You may want to read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/mailnews/specs/proposals/Attachments.html
    You may have to use a word processor such as MS Word or OpenOffice
    and then send as email. Good Luck.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Old Gringo, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Keith

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > All:
    > On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the text area of your new letter by using the
    > attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
    >
    > Keith

    I believe the only way is to copy/paste the text which certainly works.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Oct 4, 2005
  4. Keith

    Doug G Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > All: On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into
    > the text area of your new letter by using the attach button. Is that
    > possible somehow in Thunderbird?
    >
    > Keith

    When I used the Attach button to attach a text file to an Outlook
    Express message, the file appeared as an attachment. Thunderbird's
    Attach button did the same thing.

    OE's Insert > Text from File put the text in the body of the message
    being composed. Thunderbird doesn't appear to have a similar option.
    Doug G, Oct 4, 2005
  5. Keith

    Vernon Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > All:
    > On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the text area of your new letter by using the
    > attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
    >
    > Keith

    copy / paste

    Attach means attach not insert or paste.
    Vernon, Oct 4, 2005
  6. Keith

    gwtc Guest

    Vernon wrote:
    > Keith wrote:
    >
    >> All:
    >> On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the
    >> text area of your new letter by using the
    >> attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
    >>
    >> Keith

    > copy / paste
    >
    > Attach means attach not insert or paste.

    I think the OP means attaching a document Inline
    gwtc, Oct 4, 2005
  7. Doug G uitte de volgende tekst op 4/10/2005 20:07:
    > Keith wrote:
    >
    >> All: On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into
    >> the text area of your new letter by using the attach button. Is that
    >> possible somehow in Thunderbird?
    >>
    >> Keith

    > When I used the Attach button to attach a text file to an Outlook
    > Express message, the file appeared as an attachment. Thunderbird's
    > Attach button did the same thing.
    >
    > OE's Insert > Text from File put the text in the body of the message
    > being composed. Thunderbird doesn't appear to have a similar option.

    If you attach a text file, the receiver will see it appended to your
    message after a horizontal line, at least in TB, and in most other
    mailreaders, if I'm right.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org
    Hendrik Maryns, Oct 4, 2005
  8. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:47:57 -0700, gwtc <> wrote:

    >Vernon wrote:
    >> Keith wrote:
    >>
    >>> All:
    >>> On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into the
    >>> text area of your new letter by using the
    >>> attach button. Is that possible somehow in Thunderbird?
    >>>
    >>> Keith

    >> copy / paste
    >>
    >> Attach means attach not insert or paste.

    >I think the OP means attaching a document Inline

    All:
    Thanks. Just wondering. Maybye one of the Thunderbird developers will put that in as a feature in the next
    version?

    Keith
    Keith, Oct 4, 2005
  9. Keith

    Vernon Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:47:57 -0700, gwtc <> wrote:
    >

    >>Vernon wrote:

    >>>copy / paste
    >>>
    >>>Attach means attach not insert or paste.

    >>I think the OP means attaching a document Inline

    > All:
    > Thanks. Just wondering. Maybye one of the Thunderbird developers will put that in as a feature in the next
    > version?
    >
    > Keith

    It's already there.

    Paste can be regular paste or paste with quotes.
    Vernon, Oct 4, 2005
  10. Keith

    Doug G Guest

    Hendrik Maryns wrote:
    > Doug G uitte de volgende tekst op 4/10/2005 20:07:
    >> Keith wrote:
    >>
    >>> All: On Outlook Express, you can "attach" a text file directly into
    >>> the text area of your new letter by using the attach button. Is that
    >>> possible somehow in Thunderbird?
    >>>
    >>> Keith

    >> When I used the Attach button to attach a text file to an Outlook
    >> Express message, the file appeared as an attachment. Thunderbird's
    >> Attach button did the same thing.
    >>
    >> OE's Insert > Text from File put the text in the body of the message
    >> being composed. Thunderbird doesn't appear to have a similar option.

    > If you attach a text file, the receiver will see it appended to your
    > message after a horizontal line, at least in TB, and in most other
    > mailreaders, if I'm right.

    OE does the same thing.

    The OP seemed to be saying that OE's Attach button puts the text in the
    body of the message where it can be seen while composing the message.
    Doug G, Oct 4, 2005
  11. Keith

    Doug G Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:47:57 -0700, gwtc
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Vernon wrote:

    >>> copy / paste
    >>>
    >>> Attach means attach not insert or paste.

    >> I think the OP means attaching a document Inline

    > All: Thanks. Just wondering. Maybye one of the Thunderbird
    > developers will put that in as a feature in the next version?
    >
    > Keith

    If I remember correctly, Netscape Messenger 4.xx did that and people
    complained about it.
    Doug G, Oct 4, 2005
  12. Keith

    Splibbilla Guest

    (Keith) in

    > On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:47:57 -0700, gwtc
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Vernon wrote:

    >>I think the OP means attaching a document Inline

    (avoiding "manually" opening the text document from which to drag text.)

    > All:
    > Thanks. Just wondering. Maybye one of the Thunderbird
    > developers will put that in as a feature in the next
    > version?
    >
    > Keith

    wonder if a mega-clipboard utility could do this? (i have no use for clipboard utilities, but stumble across that type of feature
    when reading about various freeware things)
    Splibbilla, Oct 6, 2005