    on the internet provider's server?
    If so, how?

    L.

    Lefty Mills, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Lefty Mills

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Lefty Mills wondered:
    > In Thunderbird, is it possible to view and delete email while it is still
    > on the internet provider's server?
    > If so, how?

    If you want to do that (and as long as you're happy to view all messages
    as plain text without having access to attachments) then you'd be better
    off using Mailwasher (although it looks as though the free version may
    no longer be available):
    <URL:http://www.mailwasher.net/>

    After you've deleted what you don't want from the server, then you can
    download as normal using TB.

    Danny Colyer, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Lefty Mills

    Kneewax Guest

    Danny Colyer wrote:
    > Lefty Mills wondered:
    >
    >> In Thunderbird, is it possible to view and delete email while it is
    >> still on the internet provider's server?
    >> If so, how?

    > If you want to do that (and as long as you're happy to view all messages
    > as plain text without having access to attachments) then you'd be better
    > off using Mailwasher (although it looks as though the free version may
    > no longer be available):
    > <URL:http://www.mailwasher.net/>
    >
    > After you've deleted what you don't want from the server, then you can
    > download as normal using TB.

    TB Does have a filter setting that allows you to automatically delete
    mails from the server based on certain criteria (i.e. from a known
    spammer etc). But I haven't found a way of viewing those messages first.

    Cheers
    Kneewax

    History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
    Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
    - Wave Harmonic Theory of
    Historical Perception (DNA)

    Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!

    Kneewax, Dec 12, 2004