    Moo Guest

    My thunderbird is very slow when deleting items from any folders, is
    this a known problem?

    Moo, Dec 21, 2006

  2. On 12/21/2006 02:14 AM, Moo wrote:
    > My thunderbird is very slow when deleting items from any folders, is
    > this a known problem?

    You may need to compact your folders. If that doesn't work, consider
    deleting the .msf files in your profile folder's Mail folder.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile

    Those .msf files are just index files that are automatically regenerated
    if they are deleted. They sometimes get corrupted and must be deleted.

    --

    http://home.earthlink.net/~mumia.w.18.spam/

    Mumia W. (on aioe), Dec 21, 2006

  3. Mumia W. (on aioe) wrote:
    > On 12/21/2006 02:14 AM, Moo wrote:
    >> My thunderbird is very slow when deleting items from any folders, is
    >> this a known problem?

    > You may need to compact your folders. If that doesn't work, consider
    > deleting the .msf files in your profile folder's Mail folder.
    >
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile
    >
    > Those .msf files are just index files that are automatically regenerated
    > if they are deleted. They sometimes get corrupted and must be deleted.

    That happened to me all the time when I was on 1.5... Currently running
    2.0b1 and it's much better.. However, always use betas with caution. If
    the slim chance of loosing any emails could get you fired, persay, it's
    be bad to run a beta.. ;)

    Scott Hildenbrand, Dec 21, 2006