    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo, Sep 30, 2005

  2. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Re: Thunderbird v 1.0.7 available PS:

    With Out Any Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following::
    > http://www.mozilla.org/
    >
    > Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before
    > with the industry's best implementations of features such as intelligent
    > Spam filters, built-in RSS reader, quick search, and much more.

    Smartest Way to Stop Junk Mail
    Thunderbird provides the most effective tools for detecting junk
    mail. Our tools analyze your e-mail and identify those that are most
    likely to be junk. You can automatically have your junk mail deleted
    or you can put it in a folder you specify, just in case you like
    reading junk mail.
    Your Mail, Your Way
    View your e-mail the way you want it. Access your e-mail with
    Thunderbird's new three-column view. Customize your toolbar, change
    its look with themes, and use Mail Views to quickly sort through your
    e-mail.
    Safe and Secure
    Thunderbird provides enterprise and government grade security
    features such as S/MIME, digital signing, message encryption, support
    for certificates and security devices.
    Packed with Features
    Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader,
    support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders,
    advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return
    receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools,
    and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
    Unlimited Features
    Thunderbird lets you add additional features as you need them
    through extensions. Extensions are a powerful tool to help you build
    a mail client that meets your specific needs.

    Old Gringo, Sep 30, 2005

  3. Old Gringo

    Larry Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > With Out Any Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following::
    >
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/
    >>
    >> Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before
    >> with the industry's best implementations of features such as
    >> intelligent Spam filters, built-in RSS reader, quick search, and much
    >> more.

    > Smartest Way to Stop Junk Mail
    > Thunderbird provides the most effective tools for detecting junk
    > mail. Our tools analyze your e-mail and identify those that are most
    > likely to be junk. You can automatically have your junk mail deleted or
    > you can put it in a folder you specify, just in case you like reading
    > junk mail.
    > Your Mail, Your Way
    > View your e-mail the way you want it. Access your e-mail with
    > Thunderbird's new three-column view. Customize your toolbar, change its
    > look with themes, and use Mail Views to quickly sort through your e-mail.
    > Safe and Secure
    > Thunderbird provides enterprise and government grade security
    > features such as S/MIME, digital signing, message encryption, support
    > for certificates and security devices.
    > Packed with Features
    > Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader,
    > support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders,
    > advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts,
    > smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the
    > ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
    > Unlimited Features
    > Thunderbird lets you add additional features as you need them
    > through extensions. Extensions are a powerful tool to help you build a
    > mail client that meets your specific needs.

    My first time using Thunderbird was with 1.06 and I like it. Now that
    1.07 is out what is the best way to upgrade it. Do I need to remove 1.06
    from the control panel > add/remove programs or can I just execute the
    downloaded 1.07 install file? I don't want to lose my address book and
    all the mailboxes full of mail!

    Thanks!

    Larry

    Larry, Oct 1, 2005
  4. Old Gringo

    With Out Any Hesitation Larry Wrote The Following::
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> With Out Any Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following::
    >>
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/
    >>>
    >>> Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before
    >>> with the industry's best implementations of features such as
    >>> intelligent Spam filters, built-in RSS reader, quick search, and much
    >>> more.

    >> Smartest Way to Stop Junk Mail
    >> Thunderbird provides the most effective tools for detecting junk
    >> mail. Our tools analyze your e-mail and identify those that are most
    >> likely to be junk. You can automatically have your junk mail deleted
    >> or you can put it in a folder you specify, just in case you like
    >> reading junk mail.
    >> Your Mail, Your Way
    >> View your e-mail the way you want it. Access your e-mail with
    >> Thunderbird's new three-column view. Customize your toolbar, change
    >> its look with themes, and use Mail Views to quickly sort through your
    >> e-mail.
    >> Safe and Secure
    >> Thunderbird provides enterprise and government grade security
    >> features such as S/MIME, digital signing, message encryption, support
    >> for certificates and security devices.
    >> Packed with Features
    >> Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader,
    >> support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders,
    >> advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts,
    >> smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the
    >> ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
    >> Unlimited Features
    >> Thunderbird lets you add additional features as you need them
    >> through extensions. Extensions are a powerful tool to help you build a
    >> mail client that meets your specific needs.

    > My first time using Thunderbird was with 1.06 and I like it. Now that
    > 1.07 is out what is the best way to upgrade it. Do I need to remove 1.06
    > from the control panel > add/remove programs or can I just execute the
    > downloaded 1.07 install file? I don't want to lose my address book and
    > all the mailboxes full of mail!
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Larry

    Loads over top with no problems.

    Old Gringo, Oct 1, 2005
  5. Old Gringo

    Larry Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > With Out Any Hesitation Larry Wrote The Following::
    >
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> Smartest Way to Stop Junk Mail
    >>> Thunderbird provides the most effective tools for detecting junk
    >>> mail. Our tools analyze your e-mail and identify those that are most
    >>> likely to be junk. You can automatically have your junk mail deleted
    >>> or you can put it in a folder you specify, just in case you like
    >>> reading junk mail.
    >>> Your Mail, Your Way
    >>> View your e-mail the way you want it. Access your e-mail with
    >>> Thunderbird's new three-column view. Customize your toolbar, change
    >>> its look with themes, and use Mail Views to quickly sort through your
    >>> e-mail.
    >>> Safe and Secure
    >>> Thunderbird provides enterprise and government grade security
    >>> features such as S/MIME, digital signing, message encryption, support
    >>> for certificates and security devices.
    >>> Packed with Features
    >>> Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader,
    >>> support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders,
    >>> advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return
    >>> receipts, smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools,
    >>> and the ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
    >>> Unlimited Features
    >>> Thunderbird lets you add additional features as you need them
    >>> through extensions. Extensions are a powerful tool to help you build
    >>> a mail client that meets your specific needs.

    >> My first time using Thunderbird was with 1.06 and I like it. Now that
    >> 1.07 is out what is the best way to upgrade it. Do I need to remove
    >> 1.06 from the control panel > add/remove programs or can I just
    >> execute the downloaded 1.07 install file? I don't want to lose my
    >> address book and all the mailboxes full of mail!
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> Larry

    > Loads over top with no problems.

    Thanks for the quick response!

    Larry, Oct 1, 2005
  6. Old Gringo

    gwtc Guest

    Larry wrote:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> With Out Any Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following::
    >>
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/
    >>>
    >>> Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before
    >>> with the industry's best implementations of features such as
    >>> intelligent Spam filters, built-in RSS reader, quick search, and much
    >>> more.

    >> Smartest Way to Stop Junk Mail
    >> Thunderbird provides the most effective tools for detecting junk
    >> mail. Our tools analyze your e-mail and identify those that are most
    >> likely to be junk. You can automatically have your junk mail deleted
    >> or you can put it in a folder you specify, just in case you like
    >> reading junk mail.
    >> Your Mail, Your Way
    >> View your e-mail the way you want it. Access your e-mail with
    >> Thunderbird's new three-column view. Customize your toolbar, change
    >> its look with themes, and use Mail Views to quickly sort through your
    >> e-mail.
    >> Safe and Secure
    >> Thunderbird provides enterprise and government grade security
    >> features such as S/MIME, digital signing, message encryption, support
    >> for certificates and security devices.
    >> Packed with Features
    >> Thunderbird gives you IMAP/POP support, a built-in RSS reader,
    >> support for HTML mail, powerful quick search, saved search folders,
    >> advanced message filtering, message grouping, labels, return receipts,
    >> smart address book LDAP address completion, import tools, and the
    >> ability to manage multiple e-mail and newsgroup accounts.
    >> Unlimited Features
    >> Thunderbird lets you add additional features as you need them
    >> through extensions. Extensions are a powerful tool to help you build a
    >> mail client that meets your specific needs.

    > My first time using Thunderbird was with 1.06 and I like it. Now that
    > 1.07 is out what is the best way to upgrade it.

    Any way you want

    Do I need to remove 1.06
    > from the control panel > add/remove programs

    If you want

    or can I just execute the
    > downloaded 1.07 install file?

    If you want

    I don't want to lose my address book and
    > all the mailboxes full of mail!

    Your address book, mail, settings, etc, are all stored within an area
    called your Profile Directory. Installing a newer version does not
    touch the Profile Directory. It only touches the Program Directory
    and nothing else

    gwtc, Oct 1, 2005
  7. Old Gringo

    Splibbilla Guest

    Re: Thunderbird v 1.0.7 available PS:

    Old Gringo <> in news:KAi%e.1875$:

    > Smartest Way to Stop Junk Mail

    external spam app:
    k9 survives: profile changes, app upgrades, multiple apps

    ----
    consider that diff tb profiles would have diff junk filter. though undesirable that each junk filter must learn distinguish spam,
    two independent-minded spam policies could be desirable.

    external spam app:
    i suppose if one wanted one mail app to have different criteria of 'spam', one could setup a different spam filter app for that mail
    app.

    Splibbilla, Oct 6, 2005