    critical need for the program so sadly, I've junked the program and will
    stick with Eudora and Calypso and wait for a later, and I hope more usable
    (for me, anyway), version of Thunderbird.

    Charles Cobb Jr, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Charles Cobb Jr wrote:
    > I tried Thunderbird. Sort of liked its format. But it insisted on putting in
    > its own SMPT setting and prventing me from putting in my own (I have two
    > email addresses). Yes I went to tools and clicked on advanced but
    > Thunderbird insisted that the setting was 127.01.01. Fortunately there is no
    > critical need for the program so sadly, I've junked the program and will
    > stick with Eudora and Calypso and wait for a later, and I hope more usable
    > (for me, anyway), version of Thunderbird.

    I have never seen Thunderbird do anything even remotely like this on its
    own. If you want to try to explore why this is happening on your
    system, and so far as I know yours alone, and hopefully find a
    solutions, lets have at it. If you just want to complain, thats fine too.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Charles Cobb Jr

    Z Guest

    Charles Cobb Jr wrote:
    > I tried Thunderbird. Sort of liked its format. But it insisted on putting in
    > its own SMPT setting and prventing me from putting in my own (I have two
    > email addresses). Yes I went to tools and clicked on advanced but
    > Thunderbird insisted that the setting was 127.01.01. Fortunately there is no

    Tools > Advanced?

    Right click on the email acct, Properties, Outgoing Server (SMTP) ...

    I had no problem setting my SMTP server.

    Are you running an AV that is redirecting SMTP so that your outgoing
    e-mail messages must pass through its scanner (on localhost)?

    Z, Mar 1, 2005
  4. Thank you for replying with a suggestion. Although there is no tools,
    advanced. There is a tools, account setting from which I can go to servor
    settings. But trying to break free of 127.01.01 didn't work there either.
    However reinstalling Thunderbird and denying it permission to use settings
    from Mozilla 1.75 did. I've not had this problem setting up either Eudora or
    Calypso. Again, thanks for responding with advice.

    Charles Cobb Jr, Mar 1, 2005