    then reinstalled without change.

    HELP!!! please.

    AlanM

    TzarCoffee, Oct 6, 2007

  2. Re: Thunderbird: This folder is being processed. Please wait .. . .

    TzarCoffee wrote:
    > Yesterday I started Thunderbird as always, but it hung and refuses to
    > continue. The status bar reads: Connected to mail.comcast.net and the moving
    > green blocks in the progress window keep cycling...without stop. If I click
    > on the get mail button (I had it set to check mail upon opening) I receive
    > an Allert message: "This folder is being processed. Please wait until
    > processing is complete to get messages."
    >
    > An hour later the situation remained the same. I uninstalled the program and
    > then reinstalled without change.
    >
    > HELP!!! please.
    >
    > AlanM

    First, compact the folders [under file]. Did this fix it?
    If not, then close the program, and delete all the *.msf
    files from the mail section of the TB profile. Restart.
    Did this work?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 6, 2007

  3. TzarCoffee

    AlanM Guest

    Not yet. I tried the compact folders, twice. I attempted a windows search
    for 'profile' and a seperate search for *.mfx . I located \mozilla
    thunderbird\defaults Profile, but found no *.mfx. What am I doing
    incorrectly?

    Thanks AlanM

    AlanM, Oct 6, 2007
  4. TzarCoffee

    AlanM Guest

    I changed the search criterion to include hiden files and there are tons of
    them. I will delete and try again.
    AlanM

    AlanM, Oct 6, 2007
  5. TzarCoffee

    AlanM Guest

    No change. I tried the compact and delete options twice without amy change
    AlanM

    AlanM, Oct 6, 2007
  6. Re: Thunderbird: This folder is being processed. Please wait .. . .

    AlanM wrote:
    > No change. I tried the compact and delete options twice without amy change
    > AlanM
    >
    > "AlanM" <> wrote in message
    >> I changed the search criterion to include hiden files and there are tons of
    >> them. I will delete and try again.
    >> AlanM
    >>
    >> "AlanM" <> wrote in message
    >>> Not yet. I tried the compact folders, twice. I attempted a windows search
    >>> for 'profile' and a seperate search for *.mfx . I located \mozilla
    >>> thunderbird\defaults Profile, but found no *.mfx. What am I doing
    >>> incorrectly?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks AlanM
    >>>
    >>> "Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo"
    >>> <> wrote in message

    OK, I've had this problem myself, and it wasn't easy to fix.
    I compacted the folders, then I deleted the *.msf files,
    then, when I restarted, I clicked on each and every folder,
    and that seemed to have fixed it. I lodged a complaint, but
    didn't get a reasonable response or explaination.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 6, 2007
  7. Re: Thunderbird: This folder is being processed. Please wait .. . .

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > AlanM wrote:
    >> No change. I tried the compact and delete options twice without amy change
    >> AlanM
    >>
    >> "AlanM" <> wrote in message
    >>> I changed the search criterion to include hiden files and there are tons of
    >>> them. I will delete and try again.
    >>> AlanM
    >>>
    >>> "AlanM" <> wrote in message

    > OK, I've had this problem myself, and it wasn't easy to fix.
    > I compacted the folders, then I deleted the *.msf files,
    > then, when I restarted, I clicked on each and every folder,
    > and that seemed to have fixed it. I lodged a complaint, but
    > didn't get a reasonable response or explaination.

    there's also this:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Folder_being_processed

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 6, 2007
  8. Re: Thunderbird: This folder is being processed. Please wait .. . .

    A McAfee virus update was the source of the problem here. Reinstalling
    Virus Scan only worked about five minutes but their (McAfee's) patch
    appears to have finally done the trick. I downloaded an executable via a
    link, but would never suggest in a newsgroup that anyone EVER trust an
    executable from a stranger. Go directly to McAfee to download the patch.

    Sorry, the only link I ever had here was directly to the
    patch/executable Eml1005_1.exe.

    HTH

    P.

    Porter Caldwell, Oct 8, 2007
  9. Re: Thunderbird: This folder is being processed. Please wait .. . .

    Porter Caldwell wrote:
    > A McAfee virus update was the source of the problem here. Reinstalling
    > Virus Scan only worked about five minutes but their (McAfee's) patch
    > appears to have finally done the trick. I downloaded an executable via a
    > link, but would never suggest in a newsgroup that anyone EVER trust an
    > executable from a stranger. Go directly to McAfee to download the patch.
    >
    > Sorry, the only link I ever had here was directly to the
    > patch/executable Eml1005_1.exe.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > P.

    you won't but I will:
    http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Eml1005_1.exe

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Oct 8, 2007
  10. TzarCoffee

    Guest

    Re: Thunderbird: This folder is being processed. Please wait . . . .

    Thanks for the info. Had the same problem - contacted Mcafee got the
    patch and I'm back in business!

    On Oct 7, 9:10 pm, Porter Caldwell <> wrote:
    > A McAfee virus update was the source of the problem here. Reinstalling
    > Virus Scan only worked about five minutes but their (McAfee's) patch
    > appears to have finally done the trick. I downloaded an executable via a
    > link, but would never suggest in a newsgroup that anyone EVER trust an
    > executable from a stranger. Go directly to McAfee to download the patch.
    >
    > Sorry, the only link I ever had here was directly to the
    > patch/executable Eml1005_1.exe.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > P.

    , Oct 8, 2007